It is absolutely clear from the statement issued by Rangers that the situation regarding official Rangers merchandise has not been resolved to their satisfaction. As a result we would urge supporters not to purchase the official kit from ANY outlets where it goes on sale.

It has been clear for some time that Sports Direct continue to treat both our football club and our supporters with utter contempt. It is extremely disappointing to see Puma follow suit by making this season’s kit available for sale without reaching a satisfactory agreement with Rangers.

We have been used to this type of behaviour from Sports Direct and Mike Ashley but it now appears Puma are following suit. They have made no attempt to consider the views of Rangers supporters and no attempt to engage with their customers over a deal that they are an integral part of. They appear to value their relationship with Sports Direct above their responsibility to Rangers supporters and football fans in general.

We share the desire of our fellow supporters to once again be able to purchase replica strips and wear them with pride but we would reiterate that purchasing this strip will not assist Rangers Football Club in any way. In fact we believe it will damage the club’s attempts to find a satisfactory solution to this issue.

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

Surely a complaint to the cops is in order. The polis are quick enough to breeze through the barras confiscating unlicensed products and arresting people....why not Greaves and Sports Direct

That would be a scream. Hope somebody tries it. Got visions of one of their employees standing guard in the street then crying out it's the polis hide the Rangers kit.

Not wanting to take away from the message of the statement which is spot on, but who or what is Supporters Voice Ltd and why is it issuing statements in its own name when everything up till now has just been Club1872?

It's a subsidiary of Club 1872.

It's a subsidiary of Club 1872.

A search of Companies House tells me that FS, but there is absolutely nothing to on the Club1872 website about this Company or to say why we need an additional layer of Structure in Club1872? Did James Blair do this on his own (he is sole Director). "One fans group -many layers" is not a slogan I was familiar with!

The more I hear about Club1872 the more my spidey senses are tingling. I have been supportive of pretty much all Rangers fans groups over the years on the basis that if a bunch of fans give up a lot of their own time to try to do something for the betterment of either the fans or the club then they deserve some support, certainly initially. I am still paying £11.25pm into RST and £18.72pm into RF but I am, for the first time since RST started in 2003, starting to wonder if i should continue. I get the feeling something is not right about Club1872, I just don't know what it is, and I desperately want to be wrong.

In previous posts I advocated buying strips for children by under pressure parents.Now with this latest subterfuge between SD and Puma I am now totally against any purchase of such,try purchasing Founders Trail or Lionbrand in the meantime,the former displays :crest on their polo shirts.

In previous posts I advocated buying strips for children by under pressure parents.Now with this latest subterfuge between SD and Puma I am now totally against any purchase of such,try purchasing Founders Trail or Lionbrand in the meantime,the former displays :crest on their polo shirts.

Ive been involved in this discussion before as a purchasing parent. However, I am now changing my stance. I will NOT be purchasing this season's top for my kid and will instead purchase the Lionbrand for him - when older and I give him all the tops through the years (which represent many memories) this year's one will be an educational one for him.

I'm with you on that 100% MacK!. I was always going to get a kids one, but not now. I was actually just looking at a Pink one(not for me I hasten to add) from lion brand for the new season.

I honestly have completely changed my opinion. Funnily kids grow up so quick as when I explained it all to the neice her reply was "if we're not getting any money, no chance" lol.

I hope all bears follow suit, I don't feel there is any reason for anyone to not be in full possession of the facts now and I would not be able to comprehend why anyone would want to give the fat man 95p in every £1 they spent?.

I know the two outlets you mention both give the club their fair share(I think lionbrand is a £10, not sure about founders, however I am sure it will be of similar amount) money that goes to the club and not in the pocket of the pie theif!