Gersnet Interactive: Rank our defence

With the new Ladbrokes Premiership season about to begin this weekend, the team's hard work over the summer will now start with the real action.

Yes, we've had a couple of friendlies and four League Cup matches already but all these games had the air of pre-season over them. Ibrox, Saturday, 12.30pm, Hamilton Accies - that's where season 2016/17 really gets under-way. Finally, we're back in the top league and every single Rangers supporter is desperate for our team to do us proud and challenge for the title.

In that sense, we're giving our all readers the chance to rank our squad from the 'keepers right through to the attackers in the manager's preferred 4-3-3 formation. Today we'll start off with the goalies and the defence. Please choose from Foderingham and Gilks, along with your four preferred players to complete our back-line. You can also down-vote the players you especially don't want to see feature - or not vote at all if you don't care enough either way!

Tomorrow (Wednesday) we'll do the same for the midfield and on Thursday you can select your preferred attackers. This means when I put together the first league match preview on Friday morning, I'll be able to insert our viewers highest ranked players instead of my own picks. It's all just a bit of fun but it could prove interesting!

Ready?

Steady?

Go...!

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/653-gersnet-interactive-rank-our-defence

Rank is the operative word.:devil:

Haha - a few folk have said this.

Interesting results so far though. Probably in line with what I expected but there's not a lot of faith in our current central defenders.

Nice feature, but IMHO a pointless topic at the wrong time.

Right now, people will decide on their most recent experiences (jay, pre-season friendlies), seasoned with some horror shows from last season, as when it comes to defence, it is their plunders that stick to the mind, not classy overhead kicks and 40-yard strikes of strikers and attackers. They are by default on the receiving end and what have happened last week won't help. They will most likely recieve an unwarrented underrating, even if people will claim that they can be objective enough.

We haven't seen how Kiernan, Wilson, Hill and Crooks will perform in the Premiership, how a midfield containing able DMs like Barton and Rossiter will help them in that "expansive" style we tend to play. We win and lose as a team, and we defend as a team too. Last season the team as a whole did defend badly with quite a few goals we conceeded.

Edited by der Berliner

Nice feature, but IMHO a pointless topic at the wrong time.

Right now, people will decide on their most recent experiences (jay, pre-season friendlies), seasoned with some horror shows from last season, as when it comes to defence, it is their plunders that stick to the mind, not classy overhead kicks and 40-yard strikes of strikers and attackers. They are by default on the receiving end and what have happened last week won't help. They will most likely recieve an unwarrented underrating, even if people will claim that they can be objective enough.

We haven't seen how Kiernan, Wilson, Hill and Crooks will perform in the Premiership, how a midfield containing able DMs like Barton and Rossiter will help them in that "expansive" style we tend to play. We win and lose as a team, and we defend as a team too. Last season the team as a whole did defend badly with quite a few goals we conceeded.

It's a bit of fun. Relax.

Haha - a few folk have said this.

Interesting results so far though. Probably in line with what I expected but there's not a lot of faith in our current central defenders.

Faith over what though. Are they better than carvallho and costa no. Are they better than Hill and some unnamed guy. Probably.

Faith over what though. Are they better than carvallho and costa no. Are they better than Hill and some unnamed guy. Probably.

Given our budget, I think we're going to struggle to bring in players who are automatically better. However, a loan deal may be the best way forward.

It's very interesting so far that people seem to prefer Gilks over Fod and Hodson over Tav.

Given our budget, I think we're going to struggle to bring in players who are automatically better. However, a loan deal may be the best way forward.

It's very interesting so far that people seem to prefer Gilks over Fod and Hodson over Tav.

That's a change from when I voted and a surprise