League Cup Last 16: Rangers v Peterhead (Tues 9th Aug - KO 7.45pm)

Dundee United at Ibrox would be preferable.

Would Stephen Thompson and Jum Spence sit amid the Arabs because of dem big nasty Bears in the Directors' box?

Methinks the entrance money is still split 50/50 in these games and we don't want to hand any money to the Arabs, do we?

It's a crap setup, what did the 1 extra point for winning a penalty shoot-out achieve for example? If it hadn't been introduced the groups would have finished as they did anyway. The only club who could benefit from it will be DU...only if tomorrows match finishes all square - even if they win or lose the shoot-out. Confusing?

I doubt the intention was to create any sense of let's say competitive fairness or equality. The format is a marketing exercise.

naw..choochterville....loons and quines, fit la and all that shite

I'll let fs deal with that one, cs. Just let me say that Peterhead folk, for all there many faults, are not teuchters.

From the record.

Potential tie of the round?

There’s been no love lost between Rangers and Dundee United.

And in the summer, the clubs passed each other as the Gers won the Championship and United were relegated from the top-flight.

Should United draw the Ibrox side at Tannadice, the Gers support would have a dilemma on their hands given the last visit to Tayside they boycotted en masse in protest at Stephen Thompson and United’s treatment of their club.

That would be an intriguing contest...

The irony is that if they were drawn against us I suspect their board at least would love a money spinning Ibrox tie rather than a home tie though they wont be alone in that type of thinking.