[FT] Rangers 1 (Mee og 75) - 3 Burnley (Gray 5 pen, 17, 53)

It's difficult to read too much into this. Aside from the fact that in a friendly no one is going to be going at it full blast risking injury with the real action just a week away the preparation for this step up in class was far from ideal.

You can't acquire the necessary reaction sharpness playing against Stranraer, East Stirling and Annan for the step up in class from that to facing the likes of Andre Gray.

On the other hand this might have been the ideal preparation for Hamilton who will be nothing like Andre Gray and co. Our major priority at this moment is 3 points at home from a team that will most likely be one of the relegation strugglers.

I was worried it could end up 4 or 5 today, make no mistake, if Burnley had felt like it, they could have walked past our central defence! I'm still going to stay positive, I believe if we can sort out the middle of our shambolic defence we are in with a great shout of competing and winning the championship. Today it could be argued was a mixture of coming up against a side who were clearly better quality however I also thought we didn't look up for it and were heavy legged and disinterested.

As many have pointed out it look like a lot of the team were just out for a stroll in the park or a kick about with their mates.

At half time today on the big screens they showed some action from games past on this day, including a 6-0 whipping of Gotu from 1997 with Durie, Negri, McCoist & Albertz scoring the first 4 before they cruelly stopped the footage as apparently the teams were ready to kick off again.

What would we give for any of that front three today instead of Kenny "misser" Miller? We wouldn't see too many free kicks 25 yards out being passed sideways with big Jorg in the team either!

I hope this feature is here to stay with some classic action both pre-match and at half time. I wrote an article calling for exactly this about a decade ago.

I thought today was a good lesson against a big strong side that could attack with pace, they could defend as well. We will come up against teams like that this year, so today was a foretaste of how we'll need combat it. I thought 3-1 flattered then somewhat, but no doubting that's the level we need to aim at, the lesson won't be lost on the Magic hat or the team.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

I thought today was a good lesson against a big strong side that could attack with pace, they could defend as well. We will come up against teams like that this year, so today was a foretaste of how we'll need combat it. I thought 3-1 flattered then somewhat, but no doubting that's the level we need to aim at, the lesson won't be lost on the Magic hat or the team.

Really!,who would that be then?:)

Very difficult to play our fast flowing possession football against a very good Championship club who earned promotion to the PL. We are a long long way from where we want to be but it should be enough to win the Premiership for now.

Very difficult to play our fast flowing possession football against a very good Championship club who earned promotion to the PL. We are a long long way from where we want to be but it should be enough to win the Premiership for now.

Thing is though, while we were up against a quality side and they deserved their win, I honestly can't help thinking we were way below par today,simple passes going astray!,first touch was non exsistent at times!,our normal movement wasn't there! and our general body language was evidently sluggish!