[FT] Rangers 1 (Mee og 75) - 3 Burnley (Gray 5 pen, 17, 53)

Much better second half, once the changes were made. I felt Hodson covered the centre-backs better, and Wilson was a better partner for Kiernan. (As frustrating as it is to admit, I think Kiernan and Wilson is our best pairing - Wilson was good when he came on). We managed to build through their midfield too with Forrester's movement -- Kranjcar just didn't provide any! Rossiter was solid, just like Barton before him. The most pleasing aspect was the incisive movement from O'Halloran, with Halliday finally having someone to link-up with. We couldn't get Dodoo into the game, but he kept looking for that ball in-behind that never came.

We've learned nothing new: we're poor at the back. However, Burnley are the best side we're going to face this year.

Edited by Rousseau

Tom Miller noted some interesting thing: neither Foderingham nor Gilks actually had a safe to make, bar picking the ball out of the net. Utterly lethal from Gray and woeful from our defence, sure enough, but other than that it's not much that stood between the sides. Statistic-wise. Essentially we saw what would happen if we face up to a side with a game plan and quality players to execute it. Nothing we didn't know, and nothing we might be able to change, for as much as we demand a decent CH, getting one is quite a task.

Once we got into our stride, we looked decent enough, even though still well below par. Rossiter perhaps more than Barton strengthened our defence, which was jostled about by Gray and Vokes. For the time being, we might live with that, as the Premiership isn't exactly littered with quality strikers. But the requirements were there for all to see ... which might be a blessing in disguise, as the boardroom was sure watching.

If it was me, I'd have Rossiter, Forrester and O'Halloran in my starting XI next week.

Burnley are exactly the type of side to cause us problems. We struggled to break down their strong, well-organised defensive set-up and were caught on the break, with some poor defending added to the mix, and punished by a lethal finisher -- something we've not seen much of.

Much more positive last 25 mins. Rossiter looks exceptional, quick, confident and commanding. Keirnan seemed a lot more at home with DW beside him.

A lot of positions up for grabs and as it stands I feel Rossiter should start in front of JB if not both in first 11.

We still need an accomplished CF as we are lacking a killer instinct. I would go with DW and RK at the back as they seem comfortable together.

Today was a wake up call, that's for sure. No idea what our best 11 would be? Very impressed by Rossiter though.

That's taken us down a peg or two but we won't play a better team all season. Those we do play will be desperate to beat us so it's going to be a hard, hard battle. I think Rossiter rather than Barton will be our man.

Never judge on twenty minutes of telly but an odd notion about Rossiter in the depths of my brain says Sammy Cox. "Don't be bloody stupid" I hear my old granny muttering from beyond the great turnstyle in the sky.

That's taken us down a peg or two but we won't play a better team all season. Those we do play will be desperate to beat us so it's going to be a hard, hard battle. I think Rossiter rather than Barton will be our man.

Never judge on twenty minutes of telly but an odd notion about Rossiter in the depths of my brain says Sammy Cox. "Don't be bloody stupid" I hear my old granny muttering from beyond the great turnstyle in the sky.

If Rossiter is a better bet than Barton, according to some, then why have we bought the two of them?