BBC ALBA live games for September

Two games in the Ladbrokes Championship have been selected for live TV coverage during September, with the cameras heading to Falkirk and Dunfermline.

Saturday September 17, 2016

Ladbrokes Championship

Falkirk v Dundee United

Live on BBC ALBA, kick-off 5.15pm

Saturday September 24, 2016

Ladbrokes Championship

Dunfermline Athletic v St Mirren

Live on BBC ALBA, kick-off 5.15pm

Ah, BBC Alba... A welcoming resource throughout the long journey back to the SPL. I'll miss the incomprehensible mutterings of the commentator interspersed with English punditry, but I'm glad I don't have to rely on it for various games this year.

I liked Alba as live, standard def TV is so much better than even a very good, uninterrupted, stream eg from BT Sport - especially since they dumped the old interlaced cameras.

I also like to be able to pause and rewind when I like, then fast forward through half time and prolonged stoppages - or even just record it and watch a couple of hours later if I'm busy. With the quality of commentators these days, and their often anti-Rangers agenda, I don't mind the incomprehensible Gaelic...

Decided I can't stand Chris Sutton - even if I agree with him, he's just far too arrogant and bombastic, and far too narrow minded to even understand the others' point of view, never mind see where they are coming from.

I get BT Sport 1 on my phone which I can Mirrorcast to my TV, but I can't see myself ever paying for Sky Sports which would probably cost me at least 800 quid a year once you include the land line, just to watch a smattering of Rangers games. Makes a season ticket look like peanuts.

The commentator on BBC Alba is Alex O'Henley.

Sellik Director, and then Proprietor of the West Highland Free Press, Brian Wilson gave fellow Yahoo, Alex his start as a cub reporter. The Barra lad was the FARE Objective Observer ten years past at Villarreal that saw Rangers fined by UEFA. Like his big pal, Chris McLaughlin, O'Henley never hears his fellow jolly green'n'grey craicsters utter anything offensive, but appear to have BBC Scotland issued Jordrell Bank ears when Bears are in town.