Hardie Eyes Stranraer Bow

RYAN HARDIE admits he’s desperate to pull on the Light Blue jersey against hometown club Stranraer in the Betfred Cup on Monday night.

The 19-year old is in tomorrow night’s squad for the match at East Stirlingshire at Ochilview, but he admits he already has one eye on the Ibrox clash as he looks to round-off what has been a very positive opening to the season for the youngster.

He explained: “That would be brilliant. It’s where I come from and a lot of my friends of my friends are coming up for the game – some on the Stranraer side and some on the Rangers side.

“So it would be interesting to get a game to show what I can do. So far, the season has been great for me. The training camp in America was excellent and I think it benefitted the team a lot with the warm conditions.

“The squad gelled really well out there too. I wouldn’t say I’m a first-team member yet, but being out there, the boys made sure we younger guys felt part of the squad and we were made really welcome by everyone.”

Hardie was speaking as he visited a Rangers Soccer Camp at the Ibrox Community complex earlier this afternoon.

Youngsters from across the Southside of Glasgow took part in various activities including football, dance and badminton at the centre facing Ibrox Stadium, while they were also given a tour of one of football’s most iconic arenas.

On that, Hardie added: “It’s always good to come down and support the Charity Foundation. For these young kids getting the chance to come down and play in front of Ibrox, I would imagine it’s a big thing for them.

“For the club to have the Foundation is a great thing and I am always happy to come along and help out when I can, as are all the players.

“Ibrox, for me personally, is one of the best stadiums in the world, and being able to go in and out of there is an incredible experience, and I can’t imagine what it has been like for these guys to train in front of it and get the tour around the stadium too.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/hardie-eyes-stranraer-bow/

My mates boy has made a couple of substitute appearances for Stranraer and is desperate to even be on the bench for this game.

I haven't spoken to him yet but he came on at half time. He'll be a real happy boy this morning.