Scottish Cup Final: Police release further images

" Seven more fans have been arrested over the pitch invasion at May's Scottish Cup Final.

Thousands of fans spilled onto the pitch after Hibernian beat Rangers 3-2 to win the trophy.

The latest arrests for assaults and disorder at the match were made at addresses in Glasgow, Ayrshire, Edinburgh and Livingston.

Police said they "guarantee" there will be more arrests over the disturbances on the Hampden pitch.

Det Supt Kenny Graham, who is leading the investigation, said: "Today's operation sends a clear message to those involved in the violence and disorder that occurred on 21 May.

"You may think your behaviour has gone unnoticed, but I can assure you that our officers remain committed to identifying and arresting the perpetrators.

"I can guarantee you that there will be more arrests as part of this investigation, and if you were involved, we could very well be knocking on your door next time.

"Information from members of the public continues to be vital to this investigation and I would ask anyone who can assist with our inquiries to contact us."

Seven men, aged 19, 19, 22, 24, 28, 45 and 49, were held during the operation and are expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Friday.

The total number arrested over the crowd disorder at the game now stands at 50."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-36796747

I think I said this before but still no news on punishment for Hibs or their fans. Petrie is getting off Scot free and it's all being left so we forget about it. Why are they not massively fined and already banned from the Scottish cup??

I think I said this before but still no news on punishment for Hibs or their fans. Petrie is getting off Scot free and it's all being left so we forget about it. Why are they not massively fined and already banned from the Scottish cup??

If they had already banned them from the Scottish cup there might have been further implications of calls for them to lose the Euro spot. It might take a step further now that their Euro adventure may be over after a mere 17 seconds which is the time it took Bronby to score an away goal.

We shouldn't laugh, but I will anyway.

I think the SFA will be waiting until the outcome of their independent commission is known (end of this month).

We'll be given equal blame obviously.

Cheers Frankie, wasn't aware it was the end of the month. That will be just the two months then for the SFA to address the situation. They will hide behind plods investigation of course however it's glaring that UEFA only took a couple of days with the Russia and English fans violence and the police still managed to carry out a proper investigation.

This place is a cabal run backwater that stinks of corruption, the worst thing is and I'm sure what others see, is that there isn't even an effort to hide it!.

Cheers Frankie, wasn't aware it was the end of the month. That will be just the two months then for the SFA to address the situation. They will hide behind plods investigation of course however it's glaring that UEFA only took a couple of days with the Russia and English fans violence and the police still managed to carry out a proper investigation.

This place is a cabal run backwater that stinks of corruption, the worst thing is and I'm sure what others see, is that there isn't even an effort to hide it!.

Issue is coop, the national teams have 'strict liability' on there fans I'm sure from UEFA.

Same can't be said for the car crash sfa

( I agree it's far too long though )

Edited by blueflag

Four Hibs fans admit Scottish Cup final disorder

Four Hibs fans have admitted their part in a pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final.

David Jack, 19, Bryan McCabe, 45, Steven Gordon, 28, and Alexander Lanni, 22, ran onto the Hampden Park pitch after Hibs played Rangers on 21 May.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court, Jack, of Edinburgh, also admitted pushed Rangers player Andy Halliday.

And Gordon, also of Edinburgh, pleaded guilty to kicking an unknown man while he was on the ground.

Each of the men either ran towards or approached Rangers fans and gesticulated in a threatening or aggressive manner or behaved aggressively.

Football banning orders

They were among hundreds of fans who spilled on to the pitch after the full time whistle at the match which Hibs won 3-2.

It led to scenes of disorder among a small number of supporters which "appalled" the Scottish Football Association.

In court, Gordon was fined £566 and given an 18-month football banning order.

McCabe, also from Edinburgh, was given the same length of order and a £400 fine.

Sentence was deferred on Jack, from Edinburgh, until next month for a social work report and on Lanni, from Livingston, to call alongside his trial in December for allegedly assaulting a man at Hampden, which he denies.

Three other football fans denied charges of running on to the pitch after the game.

George Henderson, 49, from Penilee, is alleged to have behaved in an aggressive manner towards opposition fans and challenge an opposing fan to fight and attempt to punch them.

Robert Barr, 19, from Kilbirnie, denies entering the field and approaching rival fans, brandishing a chair and behaving in a threatening manner as well as assaulting a man by kicking him on the body.

Robert Smith, 24, from Glasgow, is also accused of entering the field, behaving in an aggressive manner, approaching opposing fans and waving his arm in the air, and assaulting someone by kicking them on the body.

Sheriff Kenneth Hogg granted bail for each of them and Barr and Lanni have special conditions not to attend any football matches until the outcome of their cases.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36808609

Dumbest fan in Scotland jailed after gatecrashing Rangers v Hibs Cup Final to watch CELTIC playing

18:42, 15 Jul 2016

Updated 18:49, 15 Jul 2016

By Ashlie McAnally

BOOZED-UP Michael Ryan saw green and white jerseys and forgot Celtic had lost to Rangers in semis and tried to get into big match despite banning order.

A BOOZED-UP Celtic fan has been jailed for four months after getting caught up in the mayhem of the Hampden riot between Hibs and Rangers in May as he thought his own team were playing.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard how Michael Ryan admitted attempting to get into Hampden Park while drunk and breaching a football banning order granted on April 7, 2014.

Sheriff Anthony Deutsch heard that while drinking before the game Ryan saw fans wearing green and white and forgot that Celtic had been beaten in the semi-final by Rangers and went along to the game thinking his team were playing.

But he was quickly huckled as in April 2014 he had been given the 32-month football banning order for singing an offensive song at a Celtic game.

Ryan, from Glasgow's Castlemilk area, admitted singing the phrase "The IRA will set them free" and was ordered to carry out 180 hours unpaid work in the community.

The offence took place when Celtic were playing Hearts and Ryan was sitting in the section of the grounds where the Green Brigade were.

After hearing of Ryan's bid to get into Hampden, Sheriff Deutsch jailed him for four months.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/dumbest-fan-scotland-jailed-after-8430347#FX5ShuVylrHhlWG0.99

Honest man I pure thought it was C****c in the cup final, I mean I seen all the green brigade going to Hampden I just thought my team was playing!,I forgot Rangers beat us in the semi final,honest!:roflmao:

Edited by ian1964