MW contract - Will Grigg talks

The song aside(which would be ace:yay:) he is a proven goal scorer and there is a reason why the wigan messageboards are going into semi meltdown at the thought of him leaving. He is a good, quality goal scorer. I disagree with some on this, I think 2m for a player of his ilk is a fair/good price tag and, if we have it available, money well spent.

A decent goal scoring forward from a reasonable level is always going to cost a fair wad. Even a bosman will end up expensive.

If we can source the player we want and afford him then great, if not then I'd rather go with what we have (including Hardie) than take a lucky dip. I reckon Waghorn will do very well this season if given the chance.

Strikers almost always cost the most money so £2m isn't a huge amount in the grand scheme of things.

I don't know enough about Grigg to comment on his abilities (or potential fee) but we paid Burnley over £3m for Lafferty in 2008 though he was a few years younger than Grigg is now (with less club appearances and goals as well). They seem to be very different types of player though.

Someone who scores goals in the third tier of English football gives us absolutely no certainty of being able to score goals for us.

We took Nicky Clark who scored 40+ goals in the second tier of Scottish football and he struggled with us.

If his International manager doesnt think he is enough of a goalscoring threat to throw him on in games where they are losing and need a goal, that speaks volumes to me.

I cant see MW spending £2M on an unproven striker from the third tier who is no spring chicken. If Griggs was going to be decent, he would have done something by the age of 25. Wigan can keep him, they will need him in their relegation fight.

Whatever dosh we have, and with 41,000 season tickets already sold, there must be a modest amount available. I suggest we spend it on a necessary striker, the type that almost certainly ensures a 1-1 draw at Dens Park on a cold, windy February night, becomes a 1-2 victory.

Whatever dosh we have, and with 41,000 season tickets already sold, there must be a modest amount available. I suggest we spend it on a necessary striker, the type that almost certainly ensures a 1-1 draw at Dens Park on a cold, windy February night, becomes a 1-2 victory.

If only it were that easy.

Seems we're still looking for a striker & a CB.

Genuinely hope we take our time & get the right players in. No point in making rushed signings which we regret later.

Take until the transfer deadline day if need be

The song aside(which would be ace:yay:) he is a proven goal scorer and there is a reason why the wigan messageboards are going into semi meltdown at the thought of him leaving. He is a good, quality goal scorer. I disagree with some on this, I think 2m for a player of his ilk is a fair/good price tag and, if we have it available, money well spent.

According to MW interview on Rangers Tv Grigg is not a target

As long as MW gets someone for that position Ian before the season starts I will be happy. I actually thought had the money been right Grigg was a great shout, however if it's someone else that MW has in mind, all well and good but we simply must sign a proven out and out goal scorer with presence. Another CB would be preferable too.