MW contract - Will Grigg talks

He's the right profile of players we should be signing. Up and coming. Good record. Ulster man.

Ulster man ? He's from Solihull :D

Would be a fantastic signing though

Edited by RANGERRAB

Am I getting this right here guys?

When Lafferty is linked with a move to us for free, the vast majority don't think he is good enough.

Now we are linked with the guy who is not even as good as Lafferty and didn't even get a minute of action despite NI losing 3 out of 4 games, for a fee between £2M - £3M, and this is being greeted well?

One crappy song getting people excited more than the quality, or lack of, perhaps. Not for me.

When Lafferty is linked with a move to us for free, the vast majority don't think he is good enough.

Now we are linked with the guy who is not even as good as Lafferty and didn't even get a minute of action despite NI losing 3 out of 4 games, for a fee between £2M - £3M, and this is being greeted well?

One crappy song getting people excited more than the quality, or lack of, perhaps. Not for me.

I agree that money isn't an indication of how valuable an acquisition is but some don't seem to grasp that. I would prefer an entire window of freebies with no spending if they were good enough.

Edited by JFK-1

You don't terrify defences if you can't score goals.

You don't terrify defences if you can't score goals.

Have to agree with that, Laffery has scored 4 goals in a total of 39 appearances in the past 2 years. A record like that isn't going to terrify anybody or help us win a league. Even for no cost it's not worth it.

Grigg on the other hand has 25 goals in 40 appearances for Wigan last season. There's a reason the manager who is a shrewd customer would be willing to pay this money if indeed Grigg does sign.

That reason is goals because only goals can win us anything as Germany just discovered despite outplaying France. If Grigg could give us 25 goals a season with Waghorn contributing a similar amount that's a potent front two and a huge leap towards the title.

Warburton has indicated elsewhere that the real target is one that hasn't been picked up by the press.

I wouldn't mind getting Grigg, but not for £2M. I'm a little put-off Bradshaw for 900k!

Edited by Rousseau