Why would he tell us he is going to stand for election then change his mind?

Because he probably realises he doesn't have enough support to get elected. The cabal will still be in charge.

Anyone who thinks we're welcome back in the top flight is deluded. They only want us for revenue.

Why would he tell us he is going to stand for election then change his mind?

possibly because running Rangers is more important to him. As long as our voice is heard I am comfortable with it - Rangers is paramount and these guys do work very hard in their day job I suspect. I prefer he gives 100% to us, so long as we are being heard in the corridors of power.

Though I appreciate some will not agree with that perspective.

possibly because running Rangers is more important to him. As long as our voice is heard I am comfortable with it - Rangers is paramount and these guys do work very hard in their day job I suspect. I prefer he gives 100% to us, so long as we are being heard in the corridors of power.

Though I appreciate some will not agree with that perspective.

I cant see the club's voice being heard much Craig? If it was we would have been voted on the board, as it stands Partick Thistle can get their representative on and we cant. Robertson has been told he wouldn't get the votes simple as. Non of this nonsense of, he stepped back to allow Budge a free run and not splitting the vote, how can you split a vote when you are likely to get only one vote, our own.

The rest of the club statement is purely window dressing, to keep the support quiet. Dignified Silence in it's most undignified tail between the legs best.

I cant see the club's voice being heard much Craig? If it was we would have been voted on the board, as it stands Partick Thistle can get their representative on and we cant. Robertson has been told he wouldn't get the votes simple as. Non of this nonsense of, he stepped back to allow Budge a free run and not splitting the vote, how can you split a vote when you are likely to get only one vote, our own.

The rest of the club statement is purely window dressing, to keep the support quiet. Dignified Silence in it's most undignified tail between the legs best.

Being voted onto the Board, or not, doesn't mean your voice isn't heard. Though I do take the point.

If you wont garner the support to win the election why would you continue to stand ? Better to remove yourself from the election. And there isn't a great deal you can do about it. We can make divisive statements if we like, and I know many would prefer that, but it also achieves nothing.

Being voted onto the Board, or not, doesn't mean your voice isn't heard. Though I do take the point.

If you wont garner the support to win the election why would you continue to stand ? Better to remove yourself from the election. And there isn't a great deal you can do about it. We can make divisive statements if we like, and I know many would prefer that, but it also achieves nothing.

Rather than a diplomatic withdrawal, why not stand? Yes we wouldn't have got a vote, least then we could have dumped the dignified silence and pointed out the agenda in action that stops the biggest club from having any representation on the board.

That's the joy of of the Rangers forums, we the support can get it off our chests and to hell with the dignified silence.

We have obviously canvassed the support out there and wont get enough votes to get on, so instead of being publicly beaten again, we have conceded. Not sure about Maxwell at Thistle, but assume he is in Lawwell's pocket or they would have got someone else in. Lawwell surely cant be on SPFL and SFA boards at the same time? Will nobody cry conflict? Our board better have the balls to call this out when it is so clearly wrong. Make him put a patsy up just like he did with Riley, just dont give it to him on a plate.

In the second tier, can they all lose please? What a trio of Rangers-hating scumbags they have there, so Lawwell will be well placed at any SPFL board votes anyway.

It is in this type of arena that we desperately need friends, and it appears none are forthcoming any time soon.

Because he probably realises he doesn't have enough support to get elected. The cabal will still be in charge.

Anyone who thinks we're welcome back in the top flight is deluded. They only want us for revenue.

Exactly so. I keep reading about "55". We won't be allowed to win that unless everything in Scottish football and society changes. The vested interests running the game would never allow it. We are already used to suspensions for nothing (Halliday) even in the lower tier and video evidence used only against us (last few premier campaigns). that's nothing to what it is coming. If we get ahead in the table expect point deduction for "the wearing of blue and/or a forename of "Billy". Refs would be attacked every time we won an important match until they were too terrified to do anything other than hand the game to our opponents. If we survived all that, the yahoos and sheep would simply riot and bring the game to a standstill

Edited by SteveC

Still think he should have stood for election!,it's easy for anyone to say now he didn't stand for election so therefore couldn't get elected!