Scottish Cup Final: Police release images of 13 men

One mans slanted opinion afforded a public platform in a tabloid tag. I don't buy the written media, i will make up my own mind on things and don't feel the need for someone without credentials forcing their unqualified opinion on me.

I have only been posting here for a short while, now everyone knows I was at the CF with my eight year old niece. We were right at the front of the main stand.

Luckily after the final whistle went I had taken my neice and my sister, who was there that day, immediately up the stair. We turned and noticed the thousands of Hibs fans invading the pitch.

Now if I had decided to wait and applaud the team off and these idiots were running gesturing to an eight year old, if as had been reported they were spitting in her direction, if they were gesturing aggressively, if there actions were such that I or my sister felt she was in danger, and one of us decided, due to plod Scotland being useless, to encroach on to the park and challenge these individuals does that make us violent, drunk(I don't drink) unruly, unlawful etc etc.

I think not, this particular article is fanning more flames by its various assumptions that are easily picked up on by those who wish to attack our club and support. I don't know this "journalist" therefore I will make up my own mind on him re his shoddy, high school journalism.

Edited by cooponthewing

I have just viewed another forum where they have found pictures of him in an Aberdeen t-shirt, and contains a number of images of Easter Road with the strapline, 'Come on Hibs'.

Strange stuff.

Perhaps a bourgeois type who supports all our teams in Europe... :D

Strange stuff.

Perhaps a bourgeois type who supports all our teams in Europe... :D

Frankie,

Just received a communication from a mate who is a recently retired Solicitor. He was one of those Lawyers used by newspapers to read and clear copy reference possible litigation. Informed me that the online Sports Editor at the Record is Darren Cooney. Apparently a big mate of Phil McFournames from a decade past. He was difficult, constantly passing off material sourced by Phil; until the Sun's Editor stated he was tarred by the sectarian brush. Further, Darren's MO was to legitimise misinformation by supporting the thrust by securing a quote from NBM. Anyways, reckons the blogger is a cultivated useful idiot by Cooney.

Frankie,

Just received a communication from a mate who is a recently retired Solicitor. He was one of those Lawyers used by newspapers to read and clear copy reference possible litigation. Informed me that the online Sports Editor at the Record is Darren Cooney. Apparently a big mate of Phil McFournames from a decade past. He was difficult, constantly passing off material sourced by Phil; until the Sun's Editor stated he was tarred by the sectarian brush. Further, Darren's MO was to legitimise misinformation by supporting the thrust by securing a quote from NBM. Anyways, reckons the blogger is a cultivated useful idiot by Cooney.

Cooney is a Rangers hater who was caught previously trying to goad Dave Scott from NBM to launch enquiries into songs the Rangers support sing. The usual bigoted terms of reference for us has always been allowed when Darren Bhoy is acting as online editorial chief.

Interesting 26th !

Have took the liberty of C&Ping on FF with namecheck.

--------------------

JMcF is a guy who has studied journalism and would seem to be looking to open a pathway towards more visual involvement and possibly a professional career.

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but I think to some kind of degree the emergence of JMcF and his subsequent ouput reflects the pressures he may feel regard the shape and tone required to 'get-on'. If true, it serves as another example as to how, over the past decades we have generally become outsider wrt the Scottish media or at least, streets behind the Celtic-Minded political lobby and friends.

This may mean that where in the media the Celtic-Minded have power, they will opportunistically look at recruitment/output with an eye to legitimising their bias by selecting, putting editorial or other pressure on individuals and shaping that output to what they want.

Of course, it may simply be a recognition from JMcF himself of the situation and a decision to go with the flow for his own personal professional ambitions.

The bigger issue is the media and how we have lost proportionate voice/influence.

Edited by buster.

Girl, 15, arrested as police swoop on five suspects in connection with Scottish Cup Final violence

THE latest police raid, which took place on Thursday morning, means more than 55 people have now been rounded up following pitch invasion.

POLICE have arrested five more people, including a 15-year-old girl, in connection with the disorder after the Scottish Cup final in May.

After the final whistle blew on Hibs' historic 3-2 win over Rangers , fans streamed on to the Hampden pitch, bringing violent clashes.

Fighting broke out after a section of the Edinburgh side's support made their way towards where the opposing fans were seated.

Rangers players including Rob Kiernan, Andy Halliday, Jason Holt, Lee Wallace and Dean Shiels were targeted during ugly exchanges.

The latest swoop, which took place on Thursday morning, means more than 55 people have now been arrested in connection with the pitch invasion.

Officers cuffed the female, 15, and four males, aged between 17 and 35.

All five were charged in connection with alleged offences under the Offensive Behaviour at Football (Scotland) Act, Police Scotland said.

The 17-year-old, 22-year-old and the two 35-year-olds were later detained in custody.

A report has been sent to the Procurator Fiscal.

It comes after Rangers wrote to fans who had been arrested at the showpiece match, informing them they had been banned indefinitely for bringing "the reputation of the club into disrepute".

Hibs also demanded face-to-face meetings with their own supporters who had invaded the pitch, and said they were banned from Easter Road until such a meeting had taken place.

Police Scotland say they are continuing their investigations into the riot and violence that followed, encouraging anyone who may be able to help with inquiries to get in touch.

They can contact the relevant team on 0141 532 5457 or by emailing scottishcupfinalpitchinvasion@scotland.pnn.police.uk

Alternatively CRIMESTOPPERS can be reached via 0800 555 111, where information can be provided anonymously.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/girl-15-arrested-police-swoop-8522924#0I55iz1FljwsLtmm.99

''THE latest police raid, which took place on Thursday morning, means more than 55 people have now been rounded up following pitch invasion.''

55 people?,there was thousands of photos of people on line who invaded the pitch!,is this really the best plod can do?