Kevin Thomson set to sign for Tranent Juniors

Tranent Juniors are poised to complete an audacious swoop for former Hibs captain Kevin Thomson.

The Evening News understands that Thomson, who left Hibs at the end of last season after his third spell at Easter Road, is close to agreeing a two-year deal with the Foresters Park outfit, who were promoted to the second tier of the East Juniors last term after winning the South Division title under manager Gary Small.

Former Scotland internationalist Thomson is set to reject offers from SPFL clubs and deals from abroad to ply his trade with the part-time outfit next season.

The former Rangers and Middlesbrough midfielder is understood to be excited by the prospect of linking up with the Belters rather than remaining in the senior game, with the opportunity to coach the club’s youngsters and experience a different side of football his main motivation.

The 31-year-old, who started last season’s League Cup final for Hibs, took part in his first training session with Tranent last night and will put pen to paper later this week.

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/former-hibee-kevin-thomson-set-to-sign-for-tranent-juniors-1-4164913#ixzz4CzHLKhuf

I wouldn't be surprised if he signs for Selkirk at some point, especially if they have a good season.

Currently they have Garry O'Connor as Manager, and also Gary Kenneth on the books.

No Auchinleck Talbot though :ninja:

I believe there is a lot of money being invested in Tranent Juniors,pushing for the big time!:)

The club's greatest honour was winning the Scottish Junior Cup in 1934–35, defeating Petershill 6–1 at Ibrox Park in front of a crowd of 22,000. This remains the joint record margin of victory in a Junior Cup final.[1] The club were also runners-up to Yoker Athletic in the 1932–33 final after a replay.

I believe there is a lot of money being invested in Tranent Juniors,pushing for the big time!:)

The club's greatest honour was winning the Scottish Junior Cup in 1934–35, defeating Petershill 6–1 at Ibrox Park in front of a crowd of 22,000. This remains the joint record margin of victory in a Junior Cup final.[1] The club were also runners-up to Yoker Athletic in the 1932–33 final after a replay.

I wish them well Ian.

But never if they play the Talbot. Winning the Scottish Junior Cup is second nature to us :D

I wish them well Ian.

But never if they play the Talbot. Winning the Scottish Junior Cup is second nature to us :D

I'm not a Tranent Juniors fan mate, I'm a Rangers fan!:),I've no real interest in them