Predictions for EURO 2016 Round Of 16

Somebody who knows about football, answer me this. Can Silva, Iniesta and Fabregas play effectively in the same team?

The problem for many great teams. France hasn't really played well, nor have the Russians. The Spaniards did not exactly click as we know they can, the English too. Despite all the class players in their ranks. You get the feeling that in this day and age a team with a certain standard and some "half decent" player, which plays as a unit and "for a cause" can do rather well and very much against the odds. It is why the Albanians, the Ulstermen, the Slovaks, the Icelanders and the like ended up at the prime tournament in Europe. And those chaps from a 300k nation probably top that list ... and by quite some distance.

I see no reason to laugh at the Russians, the Spaniards or now the English. IMHO it is more appropriate to applaud those who have come this far.

Edited by der Berliner

It's ok laughing at England,but Scotland can't qualify for a tournament!

I don't care now that is water under the bridge. At this minute I am enjoying the pain. England wanted out of Europe. They got their wish.:roflmao:

Hodgson has resigned,no surprised there!

And Brendan Rogers immediately rated as a 16/1 contender to replace him with favourite Gareth Southgate at 8/1. Oh how funny that would be if he did that before he had even picked a team in Glasgow.

And Brendan Rogers immediately rated as a 16/1 contender to replace him with favourite Gareth Southgate at 8/1. Oh how funny that would be if he did that before he had even picked a team in Glasgow.

The Scottish media will run with MW for the England job!

Hopefully Gorden Strachan applies and gets it.