Moaning Motherwell and Partick Thistle only have THEMSELVES to blame

No point in getting involved in something that doesn't concern us...unless they do change the fixtures. We will have enough battles to fight without getting involved in ones where we don't need to.

Waddell has raised the double standards. We don't need to...at this point. It's something we can keep up our sleeve though.

This does concern us. It is about how many times these clubs playing against us at home

Edited by RANGERRAB

what about 14 team top league that maintains the split for the top six but play each other twice?

Everybody plays home and away twice 26 games

split top 6 / bottom 8

say relegate the bottom 3 and have a play off

Sounds like a good idea but it won't get voted for - the team sitting in 7th place about say 6 points from 3rd in mid March would see their season over right there and then with no chance of a EL place.

I more, or less, agree. TV will still prefer 4 Rangers/Celtic matches though. I don't imagine that many outsiders would tune in for any other matches.

Whilst I agree I think we also need (by "we" I mean the SFA and the member clubs) to look past the usual short-termism. A league of 18 and a league of 24 with 3 down, 2 up and a play offs for the 3rd spot would see us with the same type of format as England, albeit with only two leagues instead of 4.

Whilst the short term would be "boring" because TV only want Rangers v Celtic the long term may actually be that you have more competition and there may still be lots to play for with the number of relegation and promotion spots up for grabs. It also may help the progress of youngsters at the back end of the season when mid-table teams who have little to play for can blood some of their youngsters.

Everyone connected with the game needs to do a better job of marketing Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc as "big games" rather than just "everything is about the Old Firm". Much the way Celtic fans got organized and made everything #Rangersbad the authorities need to start "drip dripping" that Hearts regularly fill their stadium or Aberdeen has historically been a big, tough game at Pittodrie for the Old Firm.

One thing is for sure - if we continue with the current status quo - we may as well turn off the lights now, because the product is abysmal. The standard in the game in Scotland has dropped incredibly over the last 5 years - and we are to believe that things are booming ? The product is awful. Doncaster at least tried to do some PR with his "Rodgers and Barton add excitement to the game in Scotland" but the focus again was on the OF. We MUST get away from just talking about the OF. And I understand that is a bit hypocritical as I only ever talk about Rangers - but those in our game from SFA, Club Chairmen, Players, and indeed the media - need to collectively accept responsibility and start to broaden their approach on how we generate interest in the game.

Off my soap box now :D

This does concern us. It is about how many times these clubs playing against us at home

No, it really doesn't concern us. We may have been mentioned but the other clubs' statements are about their loss of revenue because of the fewer home games against us. They are complaining about them losing revenue - your connection to it being about us it tenuous Rab.

If we start commenting or making statements that other clubs make, unless they are pointing the finger directly at us (which they are NOT in this instance), then we will look foolish.

Sounds like a good idea but it won't get voted for - the team sitting in 7th place about say 6 points from 3rd in mid March would see their season over right there and then with no chance of a EL place.

So no different to the current set up ?

The idea of the 14 team set up with a split would work theoretically.

The issue is that other than Celtic, Rangers and maybe Aberdeen & Hearts - nobody would vote for it as they all know they run the risk of ending in the bottom half and losing out on TWO home games to the OF - they simply wouldnt accept it.

Which is also why my suggestion of the 18 team league wouldn't get voted in either - they would prefer to roll the dice on the current system (and moan when they don't win the gamble) than they would to know for sure that they lose out on OF games.

It's financially irrelevant to us who we play at home providing we get half of our matches at home. The crowd will be more or less similar in size no matter who we play at Ibrox so the Partick et al complaints are not our concern. The greatest irritation to me is that these are the same people who bit off their own noses to spite their faces 4 years ago while declaring they didn't need us and are now crying that they don't get enough of us? Frankly, f*%# them all.

I wish we could get out of this league and leave them to rot in their own squalor. We should have applied to start at the bottom in England 4 years ago.

It's financially irrelevant to us who we play at home providing we get half of our matches at home. The crowd will be more or less similar in size no matter who we play at Ibrox so the Partick et al complaints are not our concern. The greatest irritation to me is that these are the same people who bit off their own noses to spite their faces 4 years ago while declaring they didn't need us and are now crying that they don't get enough of us? Frankly, f*%# them all.

I wish we could get out of this league and leave them to rot in their own squalor. We should have applied to start at the bottom in England 4 years ago.

Agree 100%,Scottish football hating itself to death

Craig Houston is a spokesman for Club 1872? :confused:

I would much prefer it if any statements made would be under the Club1872 banner as opposed to individuals.

Club1872

‏@Club1872rfc

@Acemcl @Richx183 Craig is helping as an interim spokesman until such time as the new Club 1872 board is elected. Details on the website.

Edited by ian1964