Contributing to Gersnet - positions available!

Guys,

First off all, thanks to everyone for posting on the forum to ensure we all have a friendly place to discuss the club and football over the course of each year. We're about to enter the 17th season of Gersnet so fingers crossed it's a good one!

As most will be aware, there's a lot of effort that goes into putting the site together each year. Not only do we have the costs of hosting and software updates but there are a variety of other projects that have to be administered, monitored and maintained on a day-to-day basis. We have the main site, the forum and our social media accounts. Further, we contribute regularly to the WWTC podcast, WATP fanzine and Club1872. Suffice to say it keeps me very busy!

With that in mind, I'm looking to all of you to help lighten the load going forward in terms of site contributions. As such, if you have a background/interest in the following areas or just have the time (and temperament) to moderate a forum (or edit web templates) then please PM me and we can discuss it.

Roles I'm looking to full for the season ahead:

Forum moderators

Main site (Joomla) editors

Graphic designers

Technical/programming support

Prediction League organiser

WATP fanzine rota organiser

Similarly, I want to try and improve on our match-day and main site coverage for the new season so we're after specific contributors/organisers for:

Match previews

Live match updates

Match reviews

Player ratings

WATP fanzine columnists

Any and all article contributions

We're lucky to already have several of what I'd consider the highest quality contributors to our website. This core of occasional writers really is hugely important to the site's performance and I can't thank them enough for taking the time to write articles now and again. Clearly they're very popular across the web as well as each article gets thousands of hits and often out-perform our mainstream media 'competitors'.

As such, if you like the sound of helping with any of the tasks above and want to get involved more formally then please let me know. Not everyone has the time or inclination to do more than make the odd post which is absolutely fine. However, if you do fancy expanding your contribution and helping us out then it would be a great help and really cement the future of this site.

Further, if you have any feedback - good or bad - on anything related to the site feel free to raise it here and/or by PM.

I just want to make clear that we're NOT after financial donations.

We're fortunate enough that our advertising partners (most of which aren't seen by members) pay for the vast majority of our costs.

I don't mind doing the odd bit of reviewing or writing. I'm still enjoying my quest for Freud like knowledge but I'm sure I can find some time in between mental episodes during assignments?

I might even elaborate on the "Ego" and "Super Ego" lol. When anyone is reading this, your only thinking what your thinking, because I made you think it!! Ha Ha?

Edited by cooponthewing

Count me in for a bit of reviewing and articles Frankie. And 17 years? Really?

Great to see you back Cammy. Looking forward to your Articles. Gersnet legend in my eyes.

Thanks Pete but with SDM no longer around I'm struggling for material

You certainly were one of the first to see his flaws and write about him. Unfortunately you were pissing against the wind at that time. If only!