Rangers Refuse To Wear New Strip In Scottish Cup Final?

It would no doubt make our task more difficult however, we above anybody else can recognise the hazards of throwing money at a playing squad. The manks are already overburdened with a bloated squad. I don't see anybody there they can shift on for 10 million or so and would doubt there's anyone willing to walk away after tearing up a lucrative contract to go and play elsewhere. There is also the gangrene brigade who will continue to call for boycotts if the resolution 12 nonsense isn't taken up by their board. In short, unless Desmond is ready to open up his wallet I don't think anybody like Rodgers will be taking over. I'd look to Lennon going back.

Tierney is being touted for a move to Arsenal. That would see a sizeable transfer fee, warranted or not.

Just trying to cover all angles,he couldnt slap an injunction on us at 2.45pm on Saturday(as regards strips),could he.?

Cos if he could,he wouldnt hesitate.

Ashley/Sports Direct have no control over what the team wears on the pitch - they are only involved (via Rangers Retail) with the distribution.resale of merchandise.

I can't see ANY grounds by which Ashley/SD could force the team to wear a particular strip.

Ashley/Sports Direct have no control over what the team wears on the pitch - they are only involved (via Rangers Retail) with the distribution.resale of merchandise.

I can't see ANY grounds by which Ashley/SD could force the team to wear a particular strip.

In fact, it wouldn't be in Ashley's best interests to force this - if he did try to force it (which I doubt he either can or will) then it would show the Football League that he has undue influence on another Club, and would strengthen the case that he should dispose of his shareholding in either Newcastle or Rangers.

I doubt it. I cant imagine the contract stipulates that we have to wear a new version of the kit in the final. Certainly here in Bermuda (small fry admittedly) clubs have to provide the Association with their intended kits at the start of the season. If that is the case then I cant see how he could prevent the Club from simply wearing the official kit for the current season.

Lets not forget that the new kit is for NEXT season and therefore not officially our kit as yet.

Could be wrong right enough.

You are right although I would think you can even make a strip just for the cup final if you want as long as you produce it to the SFA beforehand.

You are right although I would think you can even make a strip just for the cup final if you want as long as you produce it to the SFA beforehand.

Agreed pete - but the point would be that in order for Ashley to serve an injunction it would presume that the agreement says that Rangers have to wear any new kit - but given this kit hasn't been launched yet you just cant imagine that there would be anything in any contract actually forcing its use.

I think it is all a non-starter - we will wear the same kit we have all season long.