The man the bheasts cant tame.

I'm not convinced the tone of his introduction will mean much assistance from the media but that may depend on his information which, quite often, is based on supposition rather than clear evidence unfortunately.

Edited by Frankie

The Former GET THIS The former CEO of the SPL Roger Mitchell a cretin who fucked up a multi million pound Television Deal just when Scottish Football and Rangers desperately needed it in the early 2000’s

an interesting point.

I'm not convinced the tone of his introduction will mean much assistance from the media but that may depend on his information which, quite often, it based on supposition rather than clear evidence unfortunately.

Having read the RTC site of occasion I very much doubt that Spiers is the person behind the moniker indicated.

If you go beyond the individuals, there is no doubt that at the time the blog was successful in terms of becoming part of the overall narrative and served to be a rallying point for the Celtic-Minded and new friends. The focus for the blog changed in the New Year of 2012 and it's purpose developed into an online vehicle to push for fans of all clubs (except Rangers) to jump on a bandwagon of sporting integrity and push their own clubs to vote Rangers out. It wasn't the only place the call came from but IIRC it was the first place to instigate it.

The blog became a successful vehicle in it's secondary aim and the individual RTC who was very much at the centre of it up until the beginning of 2012 seemed to step back and allow it to be used for another particular purpose.

I mention this because the blog that was born from the RTC was The Scottish Football Monitor which is a rebranded but similar vehicle that is used to push an anti-Rangers line and encourage fans of all other clubs to jump on their bandwagon. Presently this is the support for 'Resolution 12' and once again it's about focusing on fans and encouraging them to threaten their own clubs with boycotts if they don't take action regards issues connected with res.12.

Re-branding it the Scottish Football Monitor is about trying to develop into an effective 'pressure group' of sorts within Scottish football that pushes 'Celtic-Minded' politics but supposedly speaking for all colours within Scottish Football. They have recognised the increasing importance of social media, seen the success of the RTC (re.bandwagon) and are trying to develop.

However, they struggle for credibility and coverage because they are too easily recognisable as being something that isn't consistent with their claims. ie. it's a Celtic-Minded site with mostly CM politics, subject matter and heavy slant.

Having read the RTC site of occasion I very much doubt that Spiers is the person behind the moniker indicated.

If you go beyond the individuals, there is no doubt that at the time the blog was successful in terms of becoming part of the overall narrative and served to be a rallying point for the Celtic-Minded and new friends. The focus for the blog changed in the New Year of 2012 and it's purpose developed into an online vehicle to push for fans of all clubs (except Rangers) to jump on a bandwagon of sporting integrity and push their own clubs to vote Rangers out. It wasn't the only place the call came from but IIRC it was the first place to instigate it.

The blog became a successful vehicle in it's secondary aim and the individual RTC who was very much at the centre of it up until the beginning of 2012 seemed to step back and allow it to be used for another particular purpose.

I mention this because the blog that was born from the RTC was The Scottish Football Monitor which is a rebranded but similar vehicle that is used to push an anti-Rangers line and encourage fans of all other clubs to jump on their bandwagon. Presently this is the support for 'Resolution 12' and once again it's about focusing on fans and encouraging them to threaten their own clubs with boycotts if they don't take action regards issues connected with res.12.

Re-branding it the Scottish Football Monitor is about trying to develop into an effective 'pressure group' of sorts within Scottish football that pushes 'Celtic-Minded' politics but supposedly speaking for all colours within Scottish Football. They have recognised the increasing importance of social media, seen the success of the RTC (re.bandwagon) and are trying to develop.

However, they struggle for credibility and coverage because they are too easily recognisable as being something that isn't consistent with their claims. ie. it's a Celtic-Minded site with mostly CM politics, subject matter and heavy slant.

I had never heard of that site. Thanks for the info.

I had never heard of that site. Thanks for the info.

Encouraging sign that helps show the limited effect that this particular reincarnated Celtic-Minded vehicle is actually having.

Just been on RM and I see that The Lawman has been debating on the SFM blog.

Questionable approach IMO given that he would never change the minds of it's members on the issue but would help draw attention to the confrontational question at a time when they are desperate for that attention amongst what they see as 'potential ST boycotters'.

As it stands the Celtic supporters that are trying to convince the world about resolution 12 can't even convince their own club.

Many of the Celtic support aren't buying or renewing ST's but it is more to do with football issues and if they are happy with the managerial appointment they'll mostly sign-up. The Res.12 group are disingenuously claiming that slow ST uptake is down to their crusade.