Gordon Waddell: Why we can't let Rangers win battle for the SFA blazers ...

Every club ? They wouldn't ever make any decisions with an inflated Board.

Yep, but Celtic lapdogs would? And all very impartially. Decisions will have to be made either way, they may even appoint a "chairman" unattached to any club who would "uneven" the score. You can have a required 51% vote, a 75% vote or a unanimous decision, pending on the matter. Works all over the place.

In any case, it simply can't be that the same folk sit there for almost half a decade.

Edited by der Berliner

I think Ann Budge would be a great addition to the board for several reasons, and yes one of those is actually getting a woman board member. It will be an interesting dynamic, plus I doubt she will suffer quietly if the old boys club Lawwell and etc try to railroad her.

On the other hand, I'm not thrilled at the thought of us having no representation on the board. It would be nice to take a place off Aberdeen & have us & Ann Budge but I doubt that will happen.

her sex should have nothing to do with it.

she's either fit for purpose on her track record - which i agree she should be - her sex is an irrelevance.

her sex should have nothing to do with it.

she's either fit for purpose on her track record - which i agree she should be - her sex is an irrelevance.

Agreed....although the school she went to might be relevant. :D :D

Edited by Bluedell

For me I would be much happier without any Rangers or Celtic connections in place at the SPFL board - as long as there were good people and that the CEO was not a plant on behalf of CFC like Doncaster is.

Replace Doncaster with a proper impartial and qualified CEO, and allow Budge, the businessman who has done a great job with Ross County (McGregor is it?), and another successful businessman who is on a Premier league club board be the 3 man whip. I would be absolutely over the moon if those running the SPFL were suitably qualified to make the hard decisions, attract money into the game through new ideas and improved sponsorships, and be totally impartial where it comes to OF matters. That would do for me.