Gordon Waddell: Why we can't let Rangers win battle for the SFA blazers ...

I think Ann Budge would be a great addition to the board for several reasons, and yes one of those is actually getting a woman board member. It will be an interesting dynamic, plus I doubt she will suffer quietly if the old boys club Lawwell and etc try to railroad her.

On the other hand, I'm not thrilled at the thought of us having no representation on the board. It would be nice to take a place off Aberdeen & have us & Ann Budge but I doubt that will happen.

Why is not every club represented on the SPFL board? Is there a voting strategy to actually get there? Why do I read the very same names up there that I read 5 years ago (even though it was te SPL back then)? Is there no rotation, if there is no voting process? Or some set membership time?

Why is not every club represented on the SPFL board? Is there a voting strategy to actually get there? Why do I read the very same names up there that I read 5 years ago (even though it was te SPL back then)? Is there no rotation, if there is no voting process? Or some set membership time?

It is the epitome of an old boys club and until real change at board level is affected, our game will never truly move forward.

I think Ann Budge would be a great addition to the board for several reasons, and yes one of those is actually getting a woman board member. It will be an interesting dynamic, plus I doubt she will suffer quietly if the old boys club Lawwell and etc try to railroad her.

On the other hand, I'm not thrilled at the thought of us having no representation on the board. It would be nice to take a place off Aberdeen & have us & Ann Budge but I doubt that will happen.

Why should we not get Celtic's place given Riley is resigning/stepping down. That is the part I find strange about Waddell's article. He acknowledges that Riley is stepping down but automatically believes that no matter who Celtic put forward they should be given the position.

I actually understand his position in not wanting the Old Firm to both have representation as there is the fear they will strong-arm everyone else. But if Riley is stepping down then why not have Robertson in from Rangers and have Celtic with no representation ?

That is where football has come to in Scotland - Celtic have everyone brainwashed that they should always be running the game.

Every club ? They wouldn't ever make any decisions with an inflated Board.

I can understand at the part of the message in the opening post about us doing pennance.

Unfortunately those with most to say governing our game now have us standing outside looking through the window and I honestly don't see them ever letting us back to the table. They have us exactly where they want us. Just wait and see what happens if we ever incur another fixture pile up at the end of the season or need to play an important European match in between domestic games.

Mark my words, they still want us dead. Title stripping hasn't gone away. All they want is our money. Glad to say they won't be seeing any of mine. Ever.

I can understand at the part of the message in the opening post about us doing pennance.

Unfortunately those with most to say governing our game now have us standing outside looking through the window and I honestly don't see them ever letting us back to the table. They have us exactly where they want us. Just wait and see what happens if we ever incur another fixture pile up at the end of the season or need to play an important European match in between domestic games.

Mark my words, they still want us dead. Title stripping hasn't gone away. All they want is our money. Glad to say they won't be seeing any of mine. Ever.

Apologies guys. The "penance" part was from Germinals thread. Oooooops.

Every club ? They wouldn't ever make any decisions with an inflated Board.

Maybe, rather than everyone at the same time it could be everyone gets a turn. For example, you could have a term of office, and no club can have representation in consecutive terms, is guaranteed a representative once every three of four terms. Something like that would surely work?

Maybe, rather than everyone at the same time it could be everyone gets a turn. For example, you could have a term of office, and no club can have representation in consecutive terms, is guaranteed a representative once every three of four terms. Something like that would surely work?

Would be better than the current set up, and also more workable, I imagine, than every club being represented.

Or how about just electing the right people from across the country with the right skill sets who have NO affiliations ?

Edited by craig