Away Fans Seating At Ibrox

Agreed he was a cracking player. But nobody will convince me that he was a better product than Durrant. Durrant was a far better player than Ferguson in my opinion, and we only saw a fraction of what he would become.

Not taking anything away from Barry - but the suggestion he was better than Durrant "by far" is preposterous to me.

He might have been better but he wasn't.

Can't agree with this. At Blackburn he was a terrific player who played for the team. IIRC got man of the Match against a far superior Man U and had Sir Alex absolutely raving about him.

Your judgement on Ferguson the footballer is being clouded by your dislike of him.

I am talking about him as a Rangers player. I have no idea what he did elsewhere and don't care really. Certainly in his second spell at rangers my words are totally true and in no way clouded. That was the reason for my dislike of him so it could not have been clouded.

He might have been better but he wasn't.

He was in my opinion.

Barry was a cracking player but not as good as Durrant. For me it isn't even debatable, though I readily admit to being biased because I thought Durrant was just THAT good.

I am talking about him as a Rangers player. I have no idea what he did elsewhere and don't care really. Certainly in his second spell at rangers my words are totally true and in no way clouded. That was the reason for my dislike of him so it could not have been clouded.

You say that your view wasn't clouded, was based on his 3nd stint at Rangers, say it wasn't clouded again.... But at no pint did you say why :D

Barry's issue, as much as anything in his second stint, was that he felt his team mates simply weren't good enough so he tried to do it all himself. He did it because he was a winner and cared about Rangers. In so doing his own game suffered and so too, it seems, did the teams.

Cracking footballer though.

You say that your view wasn't clouded, was based on his 3nd stint at Rangers, say it wasn't clouded again.... But at no pint did you say why :D

Barry's issue, as much as anything in his second stint, was that he felt his team mates simply weren't good enough so he tried to do it all himself. He did it because he was a winner and cared about Rangers. In so doing his own game suffered and so too, it seems, did the teams.

Cracking footballer though.

Normally after the 4th pint things get clouded.;)2

The reason is exactly what you say plus the whole Le Guen incident and the ned like actions totally unworthy of a Rangers Captain. You may find all of that acceptable, I don't.

You pulled me up for saying he wasn't a team player and now you have just explained that yourself.

You were touting Barton. A much worse offender. for a clean slate yesterday.

I don't remember touting anyone. I have never seen Barton play so I have no idea. I am just passing on facts (sorry rumours) and trying to keep people informed.

The only thing I said is according to the video he seems to have changed for the better or words to that effect.

Edited by pete

I don't remember touting anyone. I have never seen Barton play so I have no idea. I am just passing on facts (sorry rumours) and trying to keep people informed.

The only thing I said is according to the video he seems to have changed for the better or words to that effect.

If you watched Ian's video, I thought you would have picked up on Barry F's. performance. He won tackles in midfield, he drove and passed forward and he even scored a goal.

This kid, Rossiter, is only 19 and that is why I was comparing him to a young Barry F. What came after is not in the argument at this point.

Individual personalities differ.