Jordan Rossiter to sign today

I hoped we could get Ball back. I knew Zelalem was too much to hope for given the boy came on millions the last few games.

Do we think Windass and Crooks will be pitched in right away ?

what about Danny Wilson ?

Holt, Rossiter and Halliday has a nice ring to it, with a right and left footer either side of the right sitting mid. Rossiter. With Forrester, Waghorn and McKay almost certain to make up the front three I wonder how Crooks and Windass fit in - and how often.

Edited by alexscottislegend

RANGERS can today confirm that Jordan Rossiter has signed an agreement with the club to join the Light Blues in the summer.

England youth international Rossiter will join Mark Warburton’s side from Liverpool on a four year deal until 2020.

The highly regarded midfielder has been courted by a number of top clubs before electing to join the Gers after being sold on the club by head of recruitment Frank McParland and the Rangers management team.

Rossiter made five first team appearances for his boyhood club after captaining and graduating from the Liverpool academy, including featuring against Sion in the Europa League, Jurgen Klopp’s first game in charge of the Merseyside club.

Speaking to the club today, Gers boss Warburton spoke highly of his third recruit for season 2016/17 following the captures of Matt Crooks and Josh Windass.

He said: “Jordan is an outstanding young England youth international who will be an excellent addition to the Rangers squad.

“Technically gifted and game aware, he also has a first-class character and displays a tigerish desire to reach the highest levels of the game.

“It is a pleasure to welcome him to the club.”

HE WAS sitting in the Rangers end at the Light Blues’ 2008 UEFA Cup Final and eight years later Jordan Rossiter says he is honoured to have signed for the club.

The 19-year-old penned a move to Ibrox on Friday and admitted he was well aware of the size and reach of Rangers before the club had even approached him.

Rossiter was out of contract at Liverpool and with Head of Recruitment Frank McParland aware of him from his Anfield days the sought after midfielder was snapped up by Mark Warburton and brought north.

The scouser smiled:“I am made up to be here, it is a great club with a lot of history, you look at the likes of Rangers’ teams and players over the years and I am really looking forward to getting started.

“I have come from a massive club like Liverpool to another massive club like Rangers so it is a great feeling for me and an honour.”

“I know Frank McParland from my Liverpool days and working with the academy with him and he is a great fella. I am looking forward to working with him again and getting started here.

Watch Jordan’s exclusive first interview on RangersTV HERE

“He didn’t need to sell the club to me, it doesn’t need much selling. You look at Murray Park, which is a great training facility and then Ibrox; I walked into Ibrox and I was a bit taken aback by it.

“I walked in and saw all the mahogany walls and it’s nice and old, you can tell it is a stadium with a lot of history and I’m sure there will be a lot more made there in the future.”

“I chose Rangers because of the history it has got, it is a massive club and I don’t think people realise down south how big a club it really is.

“I think I have always known and so have my family and it is just a great opportunity to carry on learning my trade.

“Rangers is a club which wins trophies and winning trophies would be brilliant, they have two already and are going for a third next week so it is a club that is always going to win things and next season, hopefully, I can help with that.”

Rossiter made four appearances for Liverpool this season, three of those were in the Europa League as the club made its way to the final of the competition.

If Rangers can lift the Scottish Cup next weekend it would secure European football for the Gers – something the youngster feels he is comfortable with.

He said: “I have played a few games in Europe but I am sure at a club like Rangers they already have experience of playing in the big competitions.

“They have been in the Champions League and UEFA Cup Finals, it is a club with a great tradition in Europe and I am sure I can bring something to that.

“I went to the final down in Manchester a few years ago which was unbelievable. Someone had a spare ticket and Liverpool only being 45 minutes from Manchester I went along and the fans were brilliant that day.”

“Going to that game and seeing them on tele I have seen what a brilliant set of fans they are and I’m really looking forward to playing in front of them.”

Rangers complete the signing of Liverpool midfielder Jordan Rossiter as he pens four-year deal at Ibrox

20:15, 13 May 2016

Updated 20:31, 13 May 2016

By Gordon Parks , Alan Clark

MARK WARBURTON'S side will pay a cut-price compensation cross-border transfer fee of around £250,000 for the Reds ace.

RANGERS have completed the signing of highly rated England under-19 midfielder Jordan Rossiter.

The youngster has agreed a four-year deal with the Light Blues in what is being hailed a transfer coup after the player snubbed a contract offer to stay at Liverpool.

Rossiter arrived in Glasgow earlier today to finalise the move which will see Mark Warburton’s side pay a cut-price compensation cross-border transfer fee of around £250,000.

Head of recruitment at Ibrox, Frank McParland, who has previously worked at Liverpool as chief scout and then as director of academy and player development, provided a glowing reference on the youngster who is out of contract with The Reds this summer.

Speaking to the club's website, Rossiter said: "I am made up to be here, it is a great club with a lot of history.

"You look at the likes of Rangers’ teams and players over the years and I am really looking forward to getting started.

"I have come from a massive club like Liverpool to another massive club like Rangers so it is a great feeling for me and an honour.

"I know Frank McParland from my Liverpool days and working with the academy with him and he is a great fella. I am looking forward to working with him again and getting started here.

"“He didn’t need to sell the club to me, it doesn’t need much selling. You look at Murray Park, which is a great training facility and then Ibrox; I walked into Ibrox and I was a bit taken aback by it.

“I walked in and saw all the mahogany walls and it’s nice and old, you can tell it is a stadium with a lot of history and I’m sure there will be a lot more made there in the future.”

The young midfielder also revealed that he had attended the UEFA Cup Final of 2008 in the Rangers end and was blown away by the support that the Glasgow giants had that night in May.

“I chose Rangers because of the history it has got," Rossiter said.

"It is a massive club and I don’t think people realise down south how big a club it really is.

“I think I have always known and so have my family and it is just a great opportunity to carry on learning my trade.

"Rangers is a club which wins trophies and winning trophies would be brilliant, they have two already and are going for a third next week so it is a club that is always going to win things and next season, hopefully, I can help with that.

"I have played a few games in Europe but I am sure at a club like Rangers they already have experience of playing in the big competitions.

“They have been in the Champions League and UEFA Cup Finals, it is a club with a great tradition in Europe and I am sure I can bring something to that.

“I went to the final down in Manchester a few years ago which was unbelievable. Someone had a spare ticket and Liverpool only being 45 minutes from Manchester I went along and the fans were brilliant that day.

“Going to that game and seeing them on telly I have seen what a brilliant set of fans they are and I'm really looking forward to playing in front of them.”

Rosiiter would have been valued in the multi-million pound category had he moved to another English side due to the fact he’d been offered a new deal by the Anfield club.

He has missed the second half of the season with a hamstring injury, but had already featured for Liverpool four times this season including a Europa League debut against Bordeaux.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-complete-signing-liverpool-midfielder-7965288#QuYpBLjoTFIdW640.99