He's not quite yet lived up to the most famous Davy of that name. Who could?

Danny has a real hard job to do though...defending our goal can be quite precarious under W&W tactics.

He obviously wanted to make a career in football as a top defender...he's learning his trade the hard way.

In W&W we trust.

We always expect great things of our players and liken them to greats of the past. Be that Gough, Amoruso, Butcher or the like. Danny Wilson has a lot to learn still and can sure improve on what we saw this season. Others may have done so at his age, but methinks we did not sign Butcher, Gough, Brown and Co. at the age of 23/24 and saw them grace the fields of Ibrox thereafter.

QUite a few players will have to raise their game next season, some more, some less. Some rise with the challenge, others will fail. I - at this moment and time - have every confidence in MW and SDoW to spot any problems and tackle them. EIther with better coaching and training, or with better players.

Wilson frustrates me as he can look excellent one minute but lazy and lackadaisical the next.

If we sign a new central defender, hopefully that will help him realise he has to concentrate fully if he wants to get in the team.

Frustration is exactly the way to describe him!,I know he is still young but he has plenty experience and should be doing better,he was Hearts captain last season and won the league,did he make as many mistakes for them?,he really needs to push himself harder to cut out his faults.

Really thought the reintroduction of Weir would make the difference to Wilson this season. Central defence seems to be our biggest worry - especially against the better sides in SP.

It could be argued Hibs and Falkirk are better than a lot of SP sides, but we were 2 wins and 2 draws in the league with both of them. We need improvement in quality in quite a few places but this should be the priority. Maybe Walter needs to be consulted as he did a fantastic job of patching up Le Guen's leaky side...

He is simply not good enough. He may look better if someone more experienced is talking him through the game beside him, telling him where to go, who to look out for, helping him read the game better, but we are probably going to need better quality going into next season. He actually got worse as the season went on, not better, and has had more than a fair chance to make the position his own and has failed miserably. The number of very silly individual errors he has made would make even McCulloch blush.

We probably do need better quality in there for next season, but I think the main issue is how we play. Putting a Davie Weir -- or any other legend of the past -- in there is not going to eradicate our problems. Sure, we may be better organised at set-pieces etc., but we'll still be countered against with most of the team caught up-field. The great CB's of the past were at their best with bodies in front of them; we don't play like that. It's going to take a different type of player to see improvements, not a old-fashioned CB. Wilson and Weir played well together, but they also had a lot of help from the team, with FB's staying back and central-midfielders shielding; we don't have that now -- although we desperately need someone to shield (properly)!

Both Wilson and Kiernan can look very good at times -- exactly what we need -- and then at other times unbelievably poor; it's a consistency problem with both of them. I think they are the right type of player. However, certainly a player that can command the defense would be of great benefit.

Edited by Rousseau

He is simply not good enough. He may look better if someone more experienced is talking him through the game beside him, telling him where to go, who to look out for, helping him read the game better, but we are probably going to need better quality going into next season. He actually got worse as the season went on, not better, and has had more than a fair chance to make the position his own and has failed miserably. The number of very silly individual errors he has made would make even McCulloch blush.

He should go and sit next to the blind commentator, that guy is brilliant at talking people through games.:)

Wilson has been very poor and I doubt if there is a quick fix. If you can't get basic decisions right at his age then I have little hope for him.

Both Wilson and Kiernan can look very good at times -- exactly what we need -- and then at other times unbelievably poor; it's a consistency problem with both of them. I think they are the right type of player. However, certainly a player that can command the defense would be of great benefit.

We will need consistent good performances to win the league next year.

Will Warburton buy new defenders or persevere with these two?