Pat Bonner: Give next Celtic boss £30million

PAT BONNER is urging Celtic’s money men to splash the cash as they search for a replacement for Ronny Deila.

The legendary Hoops keeper reckons the new Parkhead boss should be given a transfer war chest of £30MILLION to rebuild the squad for another tilt at Europe.

Bonner looked at the growing list of possible managerial candidates that includes Davie Moyes, Brendan Rodgers and ex-Celts boss Neil Lennon, and said: “You could pick any of the names mentioned who could come in and do a job.

“For me, there are two things. The first is that whoever comes in, the club’s leaders have to give him £20m to £30m to bring in those quality players the fans are desperate for.

“Or they could bring in a manager who is going to be on a budget and is not going to get those sort of players and will have to develop his own players.

“I think the fans want the opposite.

“I believe they want someone to come in and make a real impact.

“I would love to see Davie Moyes come in and, of course, Brendan Rodgers has been mentioned, too.

“But Davie was at Celtic when I was there, he’s got fantastic experience and he’s still a young man.

“If he could get the team playing the way Everton did when he was boss I think the fans would enjoy that type of football.

“There was a nice balance between the build-up and bringing the ball forward at a good tempo.”

Bonner also threw some new names into the hat in the hunt to take over the hotseat. He reckons two of his former Irish international team-mates are worth a shout.

He said: “Chris Hughton and Mick McCarthy should be on the list.

“They’re both managers who have done exceptionally well.”

Hughton, who was sacked by Norwich City in 2014, has led Brighton to the Championship play-off semi- finals where they will meet Sheffield Wednesday.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/celtic/7140252/Pat-Bonner-Give-next-Celtic-boss-30million.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160510-_-SunScotSport-_-463231738-_-Imageandlink

:laugh:

The BHEASTS have had a free run for 4 years!,and now they need £30m!,too busy with Rangers me thinks,and now while they have been obsessing over Rangers we are about to over take them!