Derby Win My Best Moment

170416_rangers_celtic_ball_end_cele_01.jpg

IT shouldn’t really come as any surprise, but Dominic Ball has picked the win over Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi-final as his favourite moment while on loan-at Rangers.

The big defender is getting set to return to parent club Tottenham Hotspur at the close of the current campaign, although he has played his final game in Light Blue as he is suspended for the Scottish Cup final on May 21.

Despite it being his first taste of the Glasgow derby, Ball was completely caught up in the emotion of it all, as was his family who he had present at Hampden Park as his guests.

The 20 year-old explained to RangersTV.tv: “The Celtic game was by far my favourite moment. I was quite nervous before the game what with hundreds of millions of people watching, but it was really special for me.

“I had all my family and friends up, and I didn’t even know what to do with myself I was that happy.

“The way we played too was something all of the boys are very, very proud of.

“When you start playing in it, the adrenaline kicks in and you’re fine. Speaking to my mum and dad after though, I felt sorry for them as they looked absolutely wrecked!

“They were so nervous and couldn’t even watch the penalties. It was such an enjoyable game to play in though and it’s something I’ve got for the rest of my life now.

“I wouldn’t have wanted to be a fan watching though!

“The whole season has been brilliant, and definitely one of my happiest. I’ve come into a club with great fans, staff and players and enjoyed every minute.”

Ball also revealed he was next up to take a spot-kick in the shootout had Tom Rogic not blasted his decisive effort over the bar, although the Englishman fancied his chances had he had to make the dreaded run-up.

He added: “I was the next penalty taker, but I was confident. I had a good game, and you go up there and pick your spot, and I was confident I would have scored, although it was quite nice I didn’t have to take one!”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/52164/