Ibrox pitch being renovated

Pitch looked in great condition recently. Surprised it's being lifted completely but technology moves forward!

Please see FS's post for a more detailed explanation of what's actually happening with the renovation.

[tweet]729655191428055041[/tweet]

Edited by Frankie

Is it being lifted completely?

Normally they cut it right back to the root and reseed it, that's what they did at Auchenhowie when I was down a few weeks back (looks just the same as that pic when they do that).

Warburton got them to bring forward the maintenance of the two main training pitches in order that the be in perfect condition for a June 18 start, another sign of the professionalism now adopted.

Is it being lifted completely?

Normally they cut it right back to the root and reseed it, that's what they did at Auchenhowie when I was down a few weeks back (looks just the same as that pic when they do that).

Warburton got them to bring forward the maintenance of the two main training pitches in order that the be in perfect condition for a June 18 start, another sign of the professionalism now adopted.

Aye, you're probably right mate - just bad/poorly informed wording from me... ;)

I would have thought some fans including me would have bought the old turf if we would have known my two rangers man grand sons would have loved playing on it

Are they going with natural grass or the hybrid ?

The hybrid gets better longevity and is gaining popularity in Europe. Barca, for example, are laying a hybrid pitch in their redeveloped Nou Camp Nou.

I mistakenly presumed all big clubs had gone hybrid years ago... About 25 years ago I was studying and a few of my flatmates were doing environmental engineering and as football fans they were telling me about related stuff - especially putting rubberlike fibres into the soil of the grass to help it bounce back instead of compacting into ruts and divots etc. I'm sure they mentioned having fake grass interspersed with real grass then too.