exposingtherhats Latest Report (Not A Blog)

The manks were going ballistic that none of the press were using the story.

As I said, this is kind of contradictory. If they knew anything of what was to come, they'd have been happy. The fact they weren't happy will always make it more difficult to believe.

Warnings were also given about Green.

Warnings were also given about King and others on our board... Not many weren't sceptical of Green but there wasn't much concrete or unambiguous information forthcoming, or actually anything more constructive that could be done.

A lot of it comes down to innocent until proven guilty, but unfortunately the latter in these cases is obviously too late. The fans were between a rock and hard place, they had to invest in season tickets or the club could have gone forever.

Just as a warning....

Lets remember that there are ongoing court cases to prove or disprove innocence and guilt.

Be very, very careful what you post about all of those involved in these court proceedings. We wouldn't want to shut down another thread for the same reasons again.

I'll tell you how stupid (and nieve) i was at the time, i wouldn't believe that SDM would sell the club to such a crook.

Ive already said what i think of murray in a previous post.

The rest,just vultures happening across a free meal.(with a bit of luck ,it wont be so free as they first thought).

Dear Sir forlanssister.

I, like all those thousands of others who backed Whyte, had no inside knowledge, HMRC connections or the like. All what you wrote back then was info or opinion that could not be verified by anyone but you (or those others who claimed to be in the know). For me, and all those thousands of others, you were but a name on the internet. Whyte got his hands on the club after dealing with the SFA, ADM/Lloyds et al, i.e. people you would assume that they did due diligence on him. By now we know how little was done at the time and we have to take that in. And move on while hoping that those who let us down will face consquences.

Enough was known at the time about Whyte, his business history and modus operandi.

It was there but people couldn't be arsed to look or to listen and exactly the same happened with Green.

You can now smugly sit there and tell us what fools we were or I was. Shows - IMHO - a certain lack of dignity, but so be it. Yet now you go on and say SDM could have stopped it, or Donald Muir. Of the latter I cannot say much (I know that he was pulling major strings in the boardroom on behalf of HRBoS/LLoyds), but how much SDM had to say at the end is anyone's guess, given that the credit crunch wrecked his entire business. And your guess is as good as mine, at least in my eyes. And there is no amount of disrespect involved here.

I stated ad infintum I'd much rather be wrong and have internet egg on my internet face.

Murray could have refused to sign the bill of sale, no held a gun to his head but he chose to do so in order that he could benefit personally which he did by cherry picking anything of worth out of Murray Group.

It wasn't the credit crunch that wrecked his business it was his own ego and severely flawed business model.

Enough was known at the time about Whyte, his business history and modus operandi.

It was there but people couldn't be arsed to look or to listen and exactly the same happened with Green.

I stated ad infintum I'd much rather be wrong and have internet egg on my internet face.

Murray could have refused to sign the bill of sale, no held a gun to his head but he chose to do so in order that he could benefit personally which he did by cherry picking anything of worth out of Murray Group.

It wasn't the credit crunch that wrecked his business it was his own ego and severely flawed business model.

And downright stinking selve centerness and greed.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-rangers-owner-craig-whyte-being-3992415

While HMRC was under no obligation or may even have been legally bound not to expose this, you do wonder how none of the people involved in this takeover got wind of this or Whyte's previous dealings. Likewise, it is a bit strange how "HMRC-leakists" were completely silent at the time. That said, it remains a mystery whether anyone could have stopped Whyte from taking over, as Alaistair Johnston's and Paul Murray's words were loud but fell on deaf ears amongst those who mattered - essentially Lloyds BG.

PS: SMSM - Scottish Main Stream Media ... wish people would give at least one full version of their abbreviations ...

Totally agree and I worked for a firm hung on abbreviations.

As I said, this is kind of contradictory. If they knew anything of what was to come, they'd have been happy. The fact they weren't happy will always make it more difficult to believe.

Warnings were also given about King and others on our board... Not many weren't sceptical of Green but there wasn't much concrete or unambiguous information forthcoming, or actually anything more constructive that could be done.

A lot of it comes down to innocent until proven guilty, but unfortunately the latter in these cases is obviously too late. The fans were between a rock and hard place, they had to invest in season tickets or the club could have gone forever.

Cal, it ios very easy to go back to the historic blogs of the tarred one. A look into Kerryfail st will show the same. They were going crazy about Whyte being able to buy us. They wanted us dead.

The warnings about King were only based on perceived offences committed in SA.

Sorry mate but rock and hard place doesn't come into it. Whyte was toxic. The warnings were there months before via Ellis.

I'll repeat - our supporters shut their ears and have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Cal, it ios very easy to go back to the historic blogs of the tarred one. A look into Kerryfail st will show the same. They were going crazy about Whyte being able to buy us. They wanted us dead.

The warnings about King were only based on perceived offences committed in SA.

Sorry mate but rock and hard place doesn't come into it. Whyte was toxic. The warnings were there months before via Ellis.

I'll repeat - our supporters shut their ears and have nobody to blame but ourselves.

How can you blame the supporters? None of us were aware of what to look out for. We learned, but still we were completely helpless - apart from boycotting - as to what to do to save our club.

At the time of both Whyte and Green we thought we were getting a saviour and breathed a sigh of relief. We wanted and embraced a saviour. We were wrong but we were not sophisticated enough nor organised enough to do anything about the situation.

Thank God for Dave King and The Three Bears. Through the efforts of Rangers First and RST we may be able to do something in the future, however, we were never able to do anything about the sp**s.

The fans were not wrong, look elsewhere if you need to lay blame.

i assume you are talking here before John Brown gave that speech on the steps of Ibrox urging the fans to starve them out in summer 2012?