exposingtherhats Latest Report (Not A Blog)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-rangers-owner-craig-whyte-being-3992415

While HMRC was under no obligation or may even have been legally bound not to expose this, you do wonder how none of the people involved in this takeover got wind of this or Whyte's previous dealings. Likewise, it is a bit strange how "HMRC-leakists" were completely silent at the time. That said, it remains a mystery whether anyone could have stopped Whyte from taking over, as Alaistair Johnston's and Paul Murray's words were loud but fell on deaf ears amongst those who mattered - essentially Lloyds BG.

PS: SMSM - Scottish Main Stream Media ... wish people would give at least one full version of their abbreviations ...

A point to remember is that your ears were amongst the deafest .

There is no mystery David Murray COULD have stopped the sale but chose not to for his own personal gain, same could be said of Donald Muir.

A point to remember is that your ears were amongst the deafest .

There is no mystery David Murray COULD have stopped the sale but chose not to for his own personal gain, same could be said of Donald Muir.

Dear Sir forlanssister.

I, like all those thousands of others who backed Whyte, had no inside knowledge, HMRC connections or the like. All what you wrote back then was info or opinion that could not be verified by anyone but you (or those others who claimed to be in the know). For me, and all those thousands of others, you were but a name on the internet. Whyte got his hands on the club after dealing with the SFA, ADM/Lloyds et al, i.e. people you would assume that they did due diligence on him. By now we know how little was done at the time and we have to take that in. And move on while hoping that those who let us down will face consquences.

You can now smugly sit there and tell us what fools we were or I was. Shows - IMHO - a certain lack of dignity, but so be it. Yet now you go on and say SDM could have stopped it, or Donald Muir. Of the latter I cannot say much (I know that he was pulling major strings in the boardroom on behalf of HRBoS/LLoyds), but how much SDM had to say at the end is anyone's guess, given that the credit crunch wrecked his entire business. And your guess is as good as mine, at least in my eyes. And there is no amount of disrespect involved here.

Edited by der Berliner

If David Murray didn't know about Craig Whyte before even the most cursory due diligence, then he would have found out after one. The question though is why did he then sell Rangers to him?

That's a rhetorical question, i think we all know why.

I recall the signal to noise ratio for the negative information on Craig Whyte was particularly low. There was a large amount of innuendo or plenty of stuff coming from untrusted or hostile sources. Rather than deafness it was more like the difficulty of discerning anything with the any clarity. Johnston himself did not have the trust of fans and seemed to have an axe to grind.

Ironically our enemies were also no more on the ball about it, as they would otherwise have kept schtum about him, quietly awaiting the damage to come...

I remember myself saying early on that although he seemed like a big tax dodger, we couldn't really know whether that was an asset or a liability when it came to fighting a big, dodgy, tax case... It depended on whether he was fully on our side or out for himself.

Ironically in retrospect, Dave King was maybe a better fit there, but was otherwise engaged fighting such a case.

Dear Sir forlanssister.

I, like all those thousands of others who backed Whyte, had no inside knowledge, HMRC connections or the like. All what you wrote back then was info or opinion that could not be verified by anyone but you (or those others who claimed to be in the know). For me, and all those thousands of others, you were but a name on the internet. Whyte got his hands on the club after dealing with the SFA, ADM/Lloyds et al, i.e. people you would assume that they did due diligence on him. By now we know how little was done at the time and we have to take that in. And move on while hoping that those who let us down will face consquences.

You can now smugly sit there and tell us what fools we were or I was. Shows - IMHO - a certain lack of dignity, but so be it. Yet now you go on and say SDM could have stopped it, or Donald Muir. Of the latter I cannot say much (I know that he was pulling major strings in the boardroom on behalf of HRBoS/LLoyds), but how much SDM had to say at the end is anyone's guess, given that the credit crunch wrecked his entire business. And your guess is as good as mine, at least in my eyes. And there is no amount of disrespect involved here.

If it is any consolation dB, my ears were deaf too. I have a habit of looking for the good in everyone, so I would be terrible in assessing the right person for the job... I even supported Green for a bit too, again looking to see the good in him, but it didn't take too long to see through his moonbeams.

I believe in King too, so the support should be very concerned :D

Dear Sir forlanssister.

DB, the information was widely known from the day after Whyte bought Rangers. The manks were going ballistic that none of the press were using the story. I got thrown off a Rangers forum for trying to warn. Nobody wanted to listen mate. They were too carried away celebrating Whyte and the chancers he surrounded himself with. Warnings were also given about Green.