Rangers supporters to pay touching tribute to tragic young fan Dylan Brown...

Know what would make this all the more of a touching tribute ? If the support of BOTH Rangers and Hibs BOTH agreed to honour the wee fella this way AND let the commentators know about it.

It would give credence and also highlight a debilitating disease - and would also show the world of watching fans that a sporting community, whilst being arch enemies, can come together for ONE MINUTE to unite.

Now wouldn't that be quite the sight..... but the kicking of Rangers wont allow it to happen, sadly.

I'd like to think if he was a Hibs fan we would still join in; we have to rise above some things, for the sake of dignity. This club used to be synonymous with that concept.

I'm sure a lot of the Hibs fans would join in, if they know about it.

There's been a couple at Ibrox recently which I didn't join in as I didn't know about them and therefore what they were about.

I'm sure a lot of the Hibs fans would join in, if they know about it.

There's been a couple at Ibrox recently which I didn't join in as I didn't know about them and therefore what they were about.

That was my main thrust originally BD, although I put it across poorly.

My point was that it would be great if we could get this message out to ALL of those in attendance, as well as the attending media - so that the plight of young Dylan, as well as other sufferers like him, can have the profile of the disease raised.

It is a really sad story and it must be so tough for his family to have to have dealt with this awful disease in their loved one with the inevitable and heartbreaking conclusion.

However I am really getting cheesed off with these minutes applause things. I have never, and will never, join in a minutes applause for the death of someone. Clapping death is not palatable to me, and I refuse to join in with this modern nonsense. If they want to have collection cans, or online donations, or some other fundraiser to raise awareness or give the family some assistance then I am all for that, but I won't stand and clap because a young child has died. That sickens me.

It is a really sad story and it must be so tough for his family to have to have dealt with this awful disease in their loved one with the inevitable and heartbreaking conclusion.

However I am really getting cheesed off with these minutes applause things. I have never, and will never, join in a minutes applause for the death of someone. Clapping death is not palatable to me, and I refuse to join in with this modern nonsense. If they want to have collection cans, or online donations, or some other fundraiser to raise awareness or give the family some assistance then I am all for that, but I won't stand and clap because a young child has died. That sickens me.

I won't be clapping about his death, but rather to his memory and life, to his brave fight against a cruel illness that took his short life . Also for his family who bore so much worry and sadness with great fortitude.

but it is only his death that has got this campaign going to applaud for a minute. Would you turn up at a funeral and applaud the grieving family? So why is it acceptable at a football match, which in the big picture is totally irrelevant to the circumstances.

Its a total nonsense that has crept into our society. Have we to have a minutes applause for every child that is so cruelly taken from their family? Where will that end?

It could be argued in this instance where we are showing our support and paying our respects in the 13th minute of the game it is far more viable than a minutes silence which just wouldn't work at that point in the game. However I am not a fan of the applause either and personally feel a mins silence is more appropriate at the beginning of the game. If memory serves me all this began because the mhanks couldn't show common decency and keep their mouths shut when paying respects. It's a sad day but would you trust 21k Hibs fans to be respectful for a mins silence? I wouldn't trust them to do a washing!! For those reasons I feel the mins applause is the best way to pay our respects/show our support.

Edited by cooponthewing

but it is only his death that has got this campaign going to applaud for a minute. Would you turn up at a funeral and applaud the grieving family? So why is it acceptable at a football match, which in the big picture is totally irrelevant to the circumstances.

Its a total nonsense that has crept into our society. Have we to have a minutes applause for every child that is so cruelly taken from their family? Where will that end?

The dwelling place of the dead is in the heart of the living.

It could be argued in this instance where we are showing our support and paying our respects in the 13th minute of the game it is far more viable than a minutes silence which just wouldn't work at that point in the game. However I am not a fan of the applause either and personally feel a mins silence is more appropriate at the beginning of the game. If memory serves me all this began because the mhanks couldn't show common decency and keep their mouths shut when paying respects. It's a sad day but would you trust 21k Hibs fans to be respectful for a mins silence? I wouldn't trust them to do a washing!! For those reasons I feel the mins applause is the best way to pay our respects/show our support.

I think a minutes silence is reserved for former players or national figures/disasters.