Good Luck To Raith Rovers

Hibernian head coach Alan Stubbs says his players are close to their early-season form as they aim to return to the Premiership via the play-offs.

The Edinburgh side face seven games - including the Scottish Cup final - in 22 days if they are to win promotion.

But a six-match unbeaten run, after a sequence of only two wins in their previous 10, has bolstered confidence.

"We look like we are getting back to near where we want to and that's a good sign," said Stubbs.

Failing to overhaul Falkirk for second place in the Championship means Wednesday's visit to Stark's Park to face an in-form Raith Rovers will be Hibs' fifth consecutive midweek fixture, with three more to follow if they are to achieve their goal.

Hibs' potential end-of-season schedule

Wed 4 May: Raith Rovers (A) QF play-off first leg

Sat 7 May: Raith Rovers (H) QF play-off second leg

Wed 11 May: Falkirk (H) (*if beat Raith) SF play-off first leg

Sat 14 May: Falkirk (A)* SF play-off second leg

Tue 17 May: Kilmarnock/Hamilton/Partick (**if beat Falkirk) Play-off final first leg

Sat 21 May: Rangers Scottish Cup final

Wed 25 May: Kilmarnock/Hamilton/Partick** Play-off final second leg

"The players have adjusted to playing Saturday-Wednesday," Stubbs said. "They have had lots of games and we are unbeaten now in six. That tells you how they've adjusted and I think they have done really well.

"It's not the end of the world that we have two extra games. We would have liked to have had two less but, in order to achieve what we want to achieve, if it's six, it's six."

Their first opponents, Raith, approach the play-offs in great form, unbeaten in their last 11 games and only one defeat in their last 15.

Having exceeded expectations by reaching the play-offs, Rovers manager Ray McKinnon is confident his side can give Hibs - relegated despite a 2-0 first-leg play-off final win at Hamilton in 2014 - reasons to be nervous in Saturday's second leg at Easter Road.

Raith v Hibs - 2015/16 season

19 Mar (Ch'ship): Raith 2-1 Hibs

9 Jan (Scottish Cup): Raith 0-2 Hibs

2 Jan (Ch'ship): Hibs 1-0 Raith

24 Oct (Ch'ship): Raith 1-2 Hibs

29 Aug (Ch'ship): Hibs 2-0 Raith

The former Dundee United player said: "I've had Brechin in the play-offs a couple of times and we got beat on the odd goal. I know exactly what it takes.

"These are big games and you have to strategise for the two games. I learned that even if you lose your home game, you can win your away game because we have done it twice.

"So it's important to make sure you have something going back to the away game, because in my opinion if we have something going back there, it's going to be very nervy for them at Easter Road. That's exactly what our plan is."

"Some people can't deal with pressure and some can," McKinnon added. "There is a lot of pressure on Hibs to go back up, there's no doubt about that.

"There's no expectation for us. We can go out and enjoy it, we really can.

"Hibs are a good side, (have) a good manager, they are a Premiership club waiting to go back up, they really are. So it's a big task but I honestly think we can do it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36183202

Head-to-Head League Record At Stark’s Park:

Raith Rovers Wins: 19 | Hibernian Wins: 20 | Draws: 10

Raith Rovers Goals: 70 | Hibernian Goals: 80

Current Form:

Raith Rovers: W-D-W-W-D-W

Hibernian: D-D-W-D-W-W

Top Goalscorers:

Raith Rovers: Mark Stewart 10 | James Craigen 9 | Ryan Hardie 6

Hibernian: Jason Cummings 26 | James Keatings 10 | Anthony Stokes 7

Match Odds:

Raith Rovers: 18/5 | Hibernian: 4/5 | Draw: 14/5