SPFL poised to double their deal with BBC Scotland to £2.8m

As a licence payer, do you expect the BBC to pay more than they have to for a programme? Would that not be wasting licence payers' money?

It's not the BBC's responsibility to fund Scottish football.

The Sky deals do have something to do with the ever-growing gap between English and Scottish football, but there's a reason for that. People want to watch the EPL.

If it's, say, 3rd v 5th, how many neutrals would want to watch Hearts v Motherwell over Arsenal v Man Utd? That's got very, very little to do with the Sky deal. It as like that before Sky came along.

That fact that we are a 2 horse race (and more recently a one horse race) every year just isn't that attractive to people throughout the UK.

The English league in the past few seasons has also been a 2 horse race. Sure, they start out saying Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal (lol) can win it - but it never ends up that way. Always ends up a two-horse race.

Don't really dispute much of what you say though BD.

I am obviously in the minority, I have never had Sky and never want it,I have no real interest in the EPL,I never have, I watch the occasional match via live streams but never ever get excited about any of the matches I watch and I couldn't care less who wins the EPL, I don't really have any interest in the CL or the EL unless Rangers are involved,I have slightly more interest in Scotland international matches,but don't get too excited or disappointed in the results!,I think I have fallen out of love with football to to a certain degree?,nothing stirs my passion more than Rangers and that is not new just that I care less about anything other than Rangers and that is relatively new!.

If I didn't have Rangers I would be lost to football.