SPFL poised to double their deal with BBC Scotland to £2.8m

The FA got Sky and BT fighting over the English rights that is why the price soared. If Scotland tried that with say letting Fox have a quote then SKY would probably just walk away again. The Scottish game just can't be sold abroad like the PL. Scotland is just a stocking filler for Sky

Another thing is the SFA\SPL made a mess of things by making small teams build 10.000 seater stadiums. The fact that on TV there are hardly any fans on camera makes the games look like amateur football and and creates no atmosphere. Who wants to watch rows of empty seats.

Another thing is the SFA\SPL made a mess of things by making small teams build 10.000 seater stadiums. The fact that on TV there are hardly any fans on camera makes the games look like amateur football and and creates no atmosphere. Who wants to watch rows of empty seats.

The Etihad is empty most weeks... Always a sea of blue seats on show.

We will never get much from Sky due to Scots watching English football. So many already subscribe without Scottish football, so Sky just want the SP games to keep them sweet, but with as minimal outlay as they can get.

Scottish fans of the EP have been slowly killing the income of Scottish football for decades. If we like it so much why didn't we join while we had a chance? Although we know the answer is hubris.

The only answer was to give a different TV company the contract - and Setanta filled that hole, until they got too big for their boots and tried to take on Sky with the EP.

However, you did get Scots who would only pay for one and not the other, and many chose Sky over Setanta...

We will never get much from Sky due to Scots watching English football. So many already subscribe without Scottish football, so Sky just want the SP games to keep them sweet, but with as minimal outlay as they can get.

Scottish fans of the EP have been slowly killing the income of Scottish football for decades. If we like it so much why didn't we join while we had a chance? Although we know the answer is hubris.

The only answer was to give a different TV company the contract - and Setanta filled that hole, until they got too big for their boots and tried to take on Sky with the EP.

However, you did get Scots who would only pay for one and not the other, and many chose Sky over Setanta...

I have never had Sky,however I did purchase Setanta as I felt I was contributing to Scottish football,of course that was before our troubles and now I don't and wouldn't contribute to Scottish football,my contribution is my ST and I buy matches/highlights from Rangers TV.

For me Setanta was my best option for watching Rangers games and I've struggled in that department since they went under. I refuse to pay for Sky for a multitude of reasons, but it will never get by the sticking point that it would end up being about £600 a year to watch about 15 Rangers games - as I'm not interested in all the other stuff they chuck into the package including a land line. Compare that to a season ticket...

I do have BT Sport 1 but Rangers games are few and far between and annoyingly the last one was on BT Europe. Alba have been my best shot...

I've never had much interest in English football. I could probably count on one hand the number of matches or indeed highlights programmes I've seen in the past year.

" If we like it so much why didn't we join while we had a chance? - am I misunderstanding you cal . Do you mean joing the EPL ?

presenter Gary Lineker receives more cash via his salary than Scottish clubs receive for coverage of an entire season

This was the bit that REALLY got me......

True our game isn't amazing, but surely they can afford to pay the Scottish game more than one presenter in Engerland.

The BBC receive approx £325m per year from Scottish license payers. BBC Scotland receives approx £102m back from HQ. (source) Yet the most they can afford to Scottish football is £2.8m????

As someone said previously....the more money that is invested into the game, the more money clubs should have to spend on better players, producing a better product on the park and therefore boosting attendance/viewing figures.....

This was the bit that REALLY got me......

True our game isn't amazing, but surely they can afford to pay the Scottish game more than one presenter in Engerland.

The BBC receive approx £325m per year from Scottish license payers. BBC Scotland receives approx £102m back from HQ. (source) Yet the most they can afford to Scottish football is £2.8m????

As someone said previously....the more money that is invested into the game, the more money clubs should have to spend on better players, producing a better product on the park and therefore boosting attendance/viewing figures.....

I don't think the BBC could give a monkeys what the viewing figures for Scottish football are mate. They get the same amount of money from licence payers whether the whole country or nobody at all is watching.

Also , given the totally amateurish way programmes are produced, presented and broadcast here I'd be wary of wasting another penny funding the gang of sloths at Pacific Quay.

Edited by boabie