SPFL poised to double their deal with BBC Scotland to £2.8m

I think it's one of those situations where fans are caught in two places. Firstly we want good value from our licence fee, secondly we want more money for our club. You can't really blame the BBC for not spending more money than necessary - although you can complain about the amount spent on Linekar...

As has been said, the clubs, the governing bodies and the fans (mainly by watching English football) have created a situation whereby our game is worth very little.

Although a big part of the problem is that English football is immensely over valued and we're paying the price for that. Our main two hopes are for a European league that is built on the premise of nurturing football from all countries, or the pay TV bubble to burst in a spectacular way in the big 5.

You'd think if the "Bettter together" campaign was in any way genuine, they'd find a way of letting us join a UK league.

The BBC are a national body , the BBC are funded nationally therefore money should IMHO be spent proportionally nationally , we up here in jock land contribute 10% approx to that fund , but we don't get anywhere near that spent , to be honest the biggest problem is BBC Scotland , that's always been their excuse

The BBC are a national body , the BBC are funded nationally therefore money should IMHO be spent proportionally nationally , we up here in jock land contribute 10% approx to that fund , but we don't get anywhere near that spent ,

I'll watch MOTD every week but I generally wouldn't watch Sportscene and I understand that MOTD has higher viewing figures than Sportscene in Scotland.

Scottish football is substandard compared to the EPL and I don't see that the Welsh league should get proportionately the same as the EPL for TV rights, in the same way as the SPL shouldn't.

It's only substandard because it's subsidised by sky the BBC and bt , if we keep going down this route we would be as well shutting up shop and just watching English teams

Why should I as a licence payer not expect the same standards of funding as an English licence payer

As a licence payer, do you expect the BBC to pay more than they have to for a programme? Would that not be wasting licence payers' money?

It's not the BBC's responsibility to fund Scottish football.

The Sky deals do have something to do with the ever-growing gap between English and Scottish football, but there's a reason for that. People want to watch the EPL.

If it's, say, 3rd v 5th, how many neutrals would want to watch Hearts v Motherwell over Arsenal v Man Utd? That's got very, very little to do with the Sky deal. It as like that before Sky came along.

That fact that we are a 2 horse race (and more recently a one horse race) every year just isn't that attractive to people throughout the UK.