Waghorn fit to start Scottish Cup Final

Mark Warburton has declared Martyn Waghorn on target for a start in the Scottish Cup Final after the Rangers top scorer made an hour-long comeback against St Mirren.

He looked a bit rusty which is acceptable after months out with injury, Kenny Miller will keep him right though.

The 28-goal striker will now be given a further run-out in a closed-doors friendly against Tottenham a week on Wednesday to ensure his readiness for the May 21 date against Hibernian at Hampden.

We are delighted to get an hour out of him. He will play 75 minutes in the next game and will be ready for the Final.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3568766/Rangers-scorer-Martyn-Waghorn-fit-start-Scottish-Cup-Final-says-Mark-Warburton-run-St-Mirren.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

He looked quite sharp yesterday given he's been out for so long.

I'd like to see him and the team play at least three practice matches before the Hibs game.

Keeping the players sharp and focused is my worry, but i have faith in DW and MW. I will be shocked and severally disappointed if the team don't come out the traps, on cup final day like racing snakes, ready to bite hivs in their arses.