Rangers season tickets prices rise by 20% for 2016/17

All in seems a reasonable increase as we're more or less back to pre-administration prices. Too big an increase could have led to too many not renewing.

I also wonder( perhaps cynically) if the Rangers board have had one eye on the east end pantomime. They've had 4 years to prepare for our return and look to be in KO's. They've already got about 50 players on their books & you'd have to think they'd need to pay-off players before getting any more in. That won't be cheap or easy I wouldn't think

Is that true ? It seemed to me that even with the increase that next season's pricing was still lower than pre-administration pricing, and that is before taking account of any inflationary effect. I don't know though as the online ST in all those years has remained stagnant.

I'm not sure about the "too big an increase could have led to many not renewing". You could obviously be right but that would have to be weighed with there being an inevitable uptake from those who wanted ST's just for the top tier and/or to watch us play Celtic. A bigger increase would have meant some not renewing but they may also have been replaced by new ST holders. Either way, I think the Club have been very reasonable in their increase.

Celtic will be just fine. Remember, they will rake in 20 million quid for the sale of Bitton and Tierney :ninja:

Is that true ? It seemed to me that even with the increase that next season's pricing was still lower than pre-administration pricing, and that is before taking account of any inflationary effect. I don't know though as the online ST in all those years has remained stagnant.

I'm not sure about the "too big an increase could have led to many not renewing". You could obviously be right but that would have to be weighed with there being an inevitable uptake from those who wanted ST's just for the top tier and/or to watch us play Celtic. A bigger increase would have meant some not renewing but they may also have been replaced by new ST holders. Either way, I think the Club have been very reasonable in their increase.

Celtic will be just fine. Remember, they will rake in 20 million quid for the sale of Bitton and Tierney :ninja:

I think what needs to be remembered too is our wage bill will be much lower than pre-administration. We won't be paying anyone £30k p.w. again for the forseeable future

Edited by RANGERRAB

Great point hadn't thought about that??lol.:laugh: Wouldn't think so but I haven't asked?? Would imagine we will try to acquire as much revenue as possible. I'm not sure what the arrangements would be for the league cup either, either way, we will have games in July, possibly from the 16th, if my memory is correct?.

Edited by cooponthewing

I think what needs to be remembered too is our wage bill will be much lower than pre-administration. We won't be paying anyone £30k p.w. again for the forseeable future

I reckon decent wages with excellent bonuses will be the norm for our squad.

Its not a big enough increase for what I want them to spend on the squad this summer, I was hoping for £100 per ST increase. £70. The difference might be £30 but over 40K ST it is £1M after VAT. That £1M could be the difference. I would hope that perhaps there will be a decent increase next year as well.

It is a different story once we have our merchandise back, and we can help our club by spending on shop products, but for now it is really only tickets we can buy, so we need to be willing and able to step up and pay.

i think we can trust MW not to waste any cash or very little of it