Rangers season tickets prices rise by 20% for 2016/17

Have to say I think that is very generous of the Club. Even 35% would leave us cheaper than Celtic - and which team (simply in terms of quality of football) would you prefer to watch ? Rangers, comfortably.

So a 20% increase is very generous IMHO - and great credit should go to the Board for not making the increase insurmountable for some.

As cooponthewing says - I would anticipate that we would see double digit increases the next couple of years too - I would like to think the Club will actually go public with their intent if that is the case.

At 20%, the way we are playing, the direction the club is going, back in the top tier, the Rangers-minded Board, the feel-good factor.... I suspect that our ST uptake could hit record levels.

I can't see us being less that than Celtic in the long run - we'd find it harder to compete. However, the fans have been loyal and you have to be careful to nurture that and not just hike it up too far in one year.

Its not a big enough increase for what I want them to spend on the squad this summer, I was hoping for £100 per ST increase. £70. The difference might be £30 but over 40K ST it is £1M after VAT. That £1M could be the difference. I would hope that perhaps there will be a decent increase next year as well.

It is a different story once we have our merchandise back, and we can help our club by spending on shop products, but for now it is really only tickets we can buy, so we need to be willing and able to step up and pay.

Its not a big enough increase for what I want them to spend on the squad this summer, I was hoping for £100 per ST increase. £70. The difference might be £30 but over 40K ST it is £1M after VAT. That £1M could be the difference. I would hope that perhaps there will be a decent increase next year as well.

It is a different story once we have our merchandise back, and we can help our club by spending on shop products, but for now it is really only tickets we can buy, so we need to be willing and able to step up and pay.

And that, in a nutshell, is the dilemma that the fans have to contend with.

We want to win the league but in order to do so money has to be spent. With the merchandising crippling us we, as fans, need to be part of the solution of funding - and sometimes that can be unpalatable on a personal level - but it is the reality of the situation.

I can only speak personally, but I would have bought my online ST (which is US$300) even if there was a 50% increase. Because I feel the Club needs it and is now in the right hands to use that money wisely. But I readily accept that not everyone is in the financial position to take on that additional burden.

And that, in a nutshell, is the dilemma that the fans have to contend with.

We want to win the league but in order to do so money has to be spent. With the merchandising crippling us we, as fans, need to be part of the solution of funding - and sometimes that can be unpalatable on a personal level - but it is the reality of the situation.

I can only speak personally, but I would have bought my online ST (which is US$300) even if there was a 50% increase. Because I feel the Club needs it and is now in the right hands to use that money wisely. But I readily accept that not everyone is in the financial position to take on that additional burden.

Exactly how I feel with my ST.

Does anyone know for sure - outside of match tickets, what's the best way to get money into the club? (I already have a RF Direct Debit).

All in seems a reasonable increase as we're more or less back to pre-administration prices. Too big an increase could have led to too many not renewing.

I also wonder( perhaps cynically) if the Rangers board have had one eye on the east end pantomime. They've had 4 years to prepare for our return and look to be in KO's. They've already got about 50 players on their books & you'd have to think they'd need to pay-off players before getting any more in. That won't be cheap or easy I wouldn't think