The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

He made 15 appearances or rather starts. That leaves 40 odd games where he could have started at cb but didn't.

I think we can assume Warburton doesn't agree with you.

I would take him I think to challenge for a place.

But it looks like Warburton thinks we had 2 better ch last year.

No he didn't.

He played 30 games for us, and played 21 from start to finish, 12 of those as centre back. Perhaps one of the other two were injured, perhaps not.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dominic-ball/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/167254/verein/124

Ok so he wasn't chosen to replace them 30 times

Because of his quality, their quality, his experience, their experience, other substitutions that were more important, him being not fit and so on ... It simply aint as black and white as some like the world to be.

Doesn't anyone else think that Kiernan and Wilson were preferred because they had a fast contract and not a short term loan contract. After all They were the ones that were chosen for the long term.

Because of his quality, their quality, his experience, their experience, other substitutions that were more important, him being not fit and so on ... It simply aint as black and white as some like the world to be.

I was refuting the point that he hadn't replaced them because he was needed elsewhere.

It was a quality etc decision.

Doesn't anyone else think that Kiernan and Wilson were preferred because they had a fast contract and not a short term loan contract. After all They were the ones that were chosen for the long term.

Only likely if there was a very minimal difference in quality.

I think Warburton though they were better. That's not to say ball won't end up better.

I doubt Ball is quite what we require. Promising young player, but no matter how good we think he is, or can be, he did struggle to get ahead of 'dumb and dumber' last season (I don't think Wilson and Kiernan are that bad but love that label -- thanks TB!). Ball was 2nd choice at DM and 3rd choice a CB; we now have better players in both positions, so where does that leave him? As GS said, Ball might be good for competition, but I'd prefer a better first-choice CB to be signed.

its not just kiernan and wilson who are poor defensively , you can add tav and wallace to that

it will be very interesting to see how much pressure is alleviated by JB's presence but you could see against motherwell we were all over the place defensively including set pieces again.