The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Strangely enough.... as I was making my above post I was thinking about McGeady too - and I would agree that McKay is a better player by far, and more consistent too.

Anything less than 8 figures and I wouldn't even be talking to any Club.

I feel the departure of McKay will probably happen next summer when after a season of proving himself in the top league and probably at international level too he will with 1 year still on his contract have an optimal transfer value.

In an ideal world we would be holding on to such players but in the real world of sky TV financial dominance it's simply inevitable. The plus side is that an 8 figure sum for McKay could bring in 3 or 4 quality players which would put us on a level nothing in Scotland could possibly match aside from they who shall not be named.

That will effectively guarantee us a minimum second place in the league and be another step towards the objectives of the managers project. The current situation is what it is and there is nothing anyone can do about it for now. Any flak aimed at the manager who has said from day once this is a project that will take years is not only shortsighted and unfair on him it's detrimental to the management team and the club.

Edited by JFK-1

I think McKay's value will not be so high at the moment due to playing in Scotland's second tier. A player of the exact same ability playing in the English Championship and showing what he can do, will be worth about 5 times as much. We'd probably get maximum about £2m for him at the moment with add-ons and a maybe a sell on clause. However, a good season the SP could inflate that, and another with a good showing in Europe would start to get him into 8 figures. All in my opinion of course.

Edited by calscot

A few whispers that we are (again) looking at the young German-Turkish striker Samid Yesil, who was seemingly freed by Liverpool ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/samed-yesil/profil/spieler/95295

... many cameo appearances for Luzern last term (avg. 26 mins per game), no clue how many other strikers they had or how fit he was:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/samed-yesil/leistungsdaten/spieler/95295/plus/0?saison=2015

A few whispers that we are (again) looking at the young German-Turkish striker Samid Yesil, who was seemingly freed by Liverpool ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/samed-yesil/profil/spieler/95295

... many cameo appearances for Luzern last term (avg. 26 mins per game), no clue how many other strikers they had or how fit he was:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/samed-yesil/leistungsdaten/spieler/95295/plus/0?saison=2015

seen his name show up yesterday with the refreshing tag ling ' a career plagued with knee injuries'

It has been a trend to take players on loan to help with their development,sign players with injury history let's get real and bin that attitude after all it is our standard we should set and also not be a rehab. centre.

Yesil's problem at Liverpool have been a couple of cruciate ligament ruptures in quick succession, which put him out of the picture at Liverpool. Trabzonspor is said to be interested, last time in May, but so far nothing has materialized.

Rangers target loan move for Newcastle striker Adam Armstrong

Gers gaffer Mark Warburton is still sweating over Martyn Waghorn’s hamstring injury and wants another striker.

And Magpies kid Armstrong is on Warbs’ radar as Toon boss Rafa Benitez considers sending the 19-year-old out on loan again.

Armstrong impressed during a spell at Coventry last season, scoring 20 goals in League One.

Several Championship clubs down south are keen on the England youth hitman.

But Rangers are also in the mix, and hope chief scout Frank McParland’s relationship with Benitez could help their case.

The pair worked together at Liverpool, and that could well increase Gers’ chances of landing the highly-rated striker.

Meanwhile, Waghorn will discover the extent of his hamstring injury today after being sent for a scan.

He collapsed in agony during the 1-1 draw with Hamilton Accies, and there were fears he could face a long spell out.

Boss Warbs said: “Martin will have a scan. He has become a lot more comfortable in the last couple of days. Whether it was nerve-related, we will have to wait and see.

“He got a knee in the back before the injury, so I hope it’s spasm-related.

“You fear the worst when it happens. If you get a really bad hamstring you could be out for several weeks. Hopefully that is not the case.”

The Sun