The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I agree it's unlikely, and If we omit the fact he is "borderline insane", he fits the profile because: a) he has a great work ethic, b) ball carrying ability, c) ability to recycle and retain possession, d) excellent passer, with a good range (he's got a high pass completion rate) and e) he's got, erm... character.

Again, I highly doubt he's a realistic option, but I think he fits the profile and would be an excellent addition. He was in the Championship team of the year, for a team that have pretty much strolled the league. Moreover, the 'insanity' you mention has subsided over the last few years. He still has that aggression, but what good footballer doesn't? Souness was full of it too (I'm not comparing the two -- except in aggression).

Fair enough ON the park.you never adressed the wages or the sell on value(none).

IMO,the mental thing will still be there-----he just needs a platform to expose it.(which he would get in spades up here)

Am I the only one that finds it difficult to get excited about trying to sign a 19yo with 1 first team game under his belt that couldn't get more game time in a Liverpool side that has struggled badly most of the year. Klopp clearly doesn't rate him and he is a very good manager. I don't mind taking a punt on a young player but I don't for one second believe this guy will be a first team regular for us, or is what we need for next season.

One for the future perhaps but at 19 he should be forcing his way into first team action if he is all that.

You don't get excited about the club trying to sign the best young players around?, strange!. I think it's fantastic that the club are trying to fill the place with the best young players.

Fair enough ON the park.you never adressed the wages or the sell on value(none).

IMO,the mental thing will still be there-----he just needs a platform to expose it.(which he would get in spades up here)

Wage and sell-on value are self-evident. Again, I agree it is highly unlikely, bordering on impossible. I just made the point that he fits the profile.

That's a good point, regarding the platform to expose it. A bit of aggression is not a bad thing. I think he's mellowed: he was hounded in the Burnley game I saw and never rose to it; doesn't mean to say he won't but it's not a bad thing IMO. The goldfish bowl that is Glasgow may pose another problem entirely!

Edited by Rousseau

for £250,000 he will be a great signing financially who could easily recoup 10x that in a year or two with games under his belt.

Personally its taking a bit of getting used to, bringing in untested players instead of internationals gives me a bit of worry . But our old approach wasnt working so if this approach can still make us Scotland's most dominate team and also bring in financial returns i'm all for it

Edited by trublusince1982

Am I the only one that finds it difficult to get excited about trying to sign a 19yo with 1 first team game under his belt that couldn't get more game time in a Liverpool side that has struggled badly most of the year. Klopp clearly doesn't rate him and he is a very good manager. I don't mind taking a punt on a young player but I don't for one second believe this guy will be a first team regular for us, or is what we need for next season.

One for the future perhaps but at 19 he should be forcing his way into first team action if he is all that.

He's had more than one first team game for Liverpool.

Liverpool may have struggled this year but since Klopp came in they have done well, if inconsistent. Breaking into his team would be a struggle for most. Remember until about 6 weeks ago they had a chance of making the top 4 in England.

It is a tad unfair to dismiss the lad based on having had 5 1st team games. If there is one thing that Leicester have shown us this year it is that there are hidden gems everywhere. Mahrez plucked from French 2nd division obscurity being a prime example. The number of first team games he has had is not necessarily indicative of his quality.

At 250k it is a punt worth taking in my opinion and offers a value signing. He looks like that defensive midfielder we are looking for and watching Ian's video he takes up good position, constantly offers himself, distributes the ball well and is prepared to do the dirty work. From the very little I saw in the video this lad would get a Yes from me. A no frills, do the job, give it to the flair players to do their thing type of player.

On a sidenote, you wonder what will happen to Jordan Thompson, a (much hailed) youth product of ManU which arrived last summer. His prime position is central midfield too.

Make of this what you will.

Presentation day v Alloa and the team are doing their lap of honour with the trophy. Thompson is suited and booted walking round the ground in what seems is his own little world kind of oblivious to what's actually going on round about him. A young lassie circa 16 shouts profusely "JORDAN,JORDAN,JORDAN............" and gets no response. Her friend says "Forget it you'll get him later" to which to which the first lassie replies "He won't be here next season."

Make of this what you will.

Presentation day v Alloa and the team are doing their lap of honour with the trophy. Thompson is suited and booted walking round the ground in what seems is his own little world kind of oblivious to what's actually going on round about him. A young lassie circa 16 shouts profusely "JORDAN,JORDAN,JORDAN............" and gets no response. Her friend says "Forget it you'll get him later" to which to which the first lassie replies "He won't be here next season."

hope they were over 16