Season Tickets...An Update.

A massive hike may see many not renewing. That needs to be considered

A fair sized increase makes simple logical sense and if supporters choose to cry for XM to be spent on players for a higher division, then should be understood.

A fair sized increase makes simple logical sense and if supporters choose to cry for XM to be spent on players for a higher division, then should be understood.

This.

My view on all of this is that some want their cake and to eat it too. They want to win the league, but they want what is essentially discounted season tickets. At the same time as knowing that the Club are STILL, and continue to be, handcuffed to an awful merchandising deal.

How many ST's were sold in our last season in the SPL and at what price ? Maybe I am being simplistic or naïve, but I believe that we should be looking at a ST price of about the same as our last season in the top flight. We may not have quite the same quality of player in most cases but we certainly play football in as attractive manner, if not moreso.

We either want to help the Club or we don't.

For those complaining about the increase in the ST (if indeed it is a sizeable increase) you didn't complain when the price was slashed for the bottom tier (rightly so) but you now don't want to see an increase that reflects us back in the top tier playing against the (supposedly) best teams in the country ?

Even if the Club put the prices back to 2011/12 pricing this would, effectively, be a discounted price from that date as it wouldn't take into account any inflation.

Again, I believe the yardstick should be Celtic - if we wish to overcome them in every area that will take for everyone to be pulling in the same direction - they have an advantage in their merchandising and sponsorship deals (the sponsorship differential will hopefully reduce upon our return to the top flight and, possibly, we could overtake them as we are that "rags to riches" story again), we have the advantage in our wage bill - but if we keep suppressed ST prices then they will, even with fewer ST sales, have an advantage in how much income they obtain from ST sales.

How many were ST holders back in 2011/12 and are still today ? I would suspect a great many. And whilst a 35-40% increase seems to be excessive, you really are comparing oranges to apples because your ST in the last 4 years has been based off the fact we have been in the lower tiers. I would contend that ST holders this past season have had a sizeable discount when it comes to cost vs benefit for your ST. For the price of your ST you have seen a Rangers team that has well over 60% possession in most games, scoring goals by the barrowload, playing the most attractive football seen at Rangers in decades and winning trophies.

Had the Club known just how successful MW would be in his first season in terms of trophies as well as how aesthetically pleasing we are, your ST price should have been higher for this season.... which would mean the increase next year wouldn't be as much %age wise.

As I said previously, everyone has their own circumstances - but many, many supporters found the funds for the higher ST prices back in 2011/12 - they should see the last 4 years as a nice cost savings to themselves personally, but now be prepared to "partner" with the Club to get us back to where we rightfully belong.

Some will say that our wages are nowhere near what they were back in 2011/12 and they would be right. However, my perspective of this is that there are many other areas of the Club that need attention including Ibrox, Murray Park, the scouting etc. Now that we have a Board that we can trust won't piss the cash away we can have trust that increased ST monies would be going into the right areas of the Club as determined by the Custodians - not into their own pockets. I see that as a win-win. It returns the Club to where they want to be on the field, it enhances the infrastructure of the Club and we as fans get to see our Club back at the top.