Manager hopes to have Forrester and Waghorn fit for the Scottish Cup Final

I don't disagree, but we need a balance. We can't ignore the development of our own players - loan players eventually go back to their own club. Game time for our own U20s seems to be at an all time low.

A number of our U20's are getting ample game time, just not with us. Hardie, Walsh, Crawford, Murdoch, Thompson, McCrorie, Kelly being 7 examples.

I don't have an issue with it because they are getting more minutes than they would get if they were with us due to them not being quite ready yet (McCrorie for example came back after his 1st game for Ayr and said he had never had so many bruises or his body beaten up so badly in a game - said he never got anything like that at U20's - point being that kind of shows he just wasn't ready for the physicality of 1st team football).

The loan experience will have been good for them, they will have got more game time than had they been with us (because better players were at the managers disposal), they will have become physically stronger too. The only real downside that I can see is that they would have been playing a different style of football to the one that we play. But they are likely to come back better prepared.

Plus, my own personal belief is that the actual development of a player takes place on the training pitch, not on game day. Game day is when you put your development into practice. So given they still train at Rangers full time they will be getting developed with an eye to them being ready for the 1st team next season or the season after.

Speaking of Foderingham, a lot of people have been saying we need a better keeper and I've not been seeing it, after this game I'm certain I don't agree. I think he suits our style of play and has been pretty solid and reliable. His weakness is long clearances - but he hasn't had much practice...

IMHO, his only real weakness is that he drops too many crosses or free kicks (as compared to other goalies).