Rangers will receive funds needed to challenge Celtic, says vice-chairman Paul Murray

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with here. Are you saying quality and value DON'T enhance hard work, or are you saying we have no quality or value in squad?

Don't understand this bit either - are you saying they had no quality but a load of hard work? Are you saying if a Junior team was the hardest working team in Scotland, they would win the cup?

And he was a real failure as a Rangers manager? Arguably our most successful manager of modern times and you don't like his philosophy?

So you're saying Barcelona and Bayern have no quality, it's just coaching and drilling? I'm also pretty sure Walter was on the training ground most days.

I really don't think you can easily compare someone who has had no success whatsoever in a provincial league or even provincial club in a big league, with a successful manager of Rangers.

Your whole post is a bit bemusing.

Sorry calscot ,I totally misread your initial comment , I picked you up all wrong , my bad

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's about the footballing operation (FO) as a whole doing a professional job which an important part of is the training pitch.

We managed to outpass Celtic rather than get involved in a frenetic OF match......because of the training pitch but for various reasons (injuries, players cup-tied, etc) struggled to translate it into a relative amount of chances.

As PM says, McParland is an important part of the FO and if we are to have success next season we'll need a similar positive hit-rate with new signings.......and as MW says, it's not about throwing money at a transfer window eg. Boyata cost Celtic about double what we spent last summer.

A good FO including that training pitch will get the right type of player in, IMPROVE them and put them in a team that (all) together will amplify the qualities of the individuals with a sprinkling of synergy. For so long we have been used to hardly ever improving players that we seem to forget that we should be doing that. We have tended to pay top dollar for players who have been improved, arrive on a high wage and subsequently 'stand still' or regress.

We have been weaned on managers looking to solve problems with money and a poor & expensive hit-rate.

We now can't afford to go down that route and have found a way to improve finances and football.

------------------------------

A European campaign wouldn't necessarily mean much revenue and might actually cost the club. So we shouldn't push any boats out because of it unless we qualify and were to do well.

We would be unseeded in a draw (if we qualify) and run the risk of drawing a decent side in a potential first tie. IF we were to go out, this would mean only one home gate and would also mean doing without two League Cup group stage home gates.

Can you just explain that bit for me please?

Another thing that was refreshing about Sunday was seeing us playing such an attacking, positive side, full of young(ish) players and short passing - the complete opposite of what we're used to. Previously this fixture would have seen us playing 5 at the back and cowering in fear.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Another thing that was refreshing about Sunday was seeing us playing such an attacking, positive side, full of young players and short passing - the complete opposite of what we're used to. Previously this fixture would have seen us playing 5 at the back and cowering in fear.

The manager has said he'll never change from Plan A and that seems to have been the case all season.

Yes, the deployment of Ball and Halliday in some games is an acknowledgement of the opposition standard but the system and style of play remains the same.

At no time did we panic on Sunday and that's a reflection of how confident we are in this system.

The manager has said he'll never change from Plan A and that seems to have been the case all season.

Yes, the deployment of Ball and Halliday in some games is an acknowledgement of the opposition standard but the system and style of play remains the same.

At no time did we panic on Sunday and that's a reflection of how confident we are in this system.

Got to slightly disagree with this as we arguably did have five at the back, and there was a very high number of long balls which is not anywhere in plan A - and our lack of practice in this showed. I think it demonstrated that we do need to tweak plan A to cope better with teams that press us high up the pitch - although this may not happen too often outside Celtic and Europe.

Got to slightly disagree with this as we arguably did have five at the back, and there was a very high number of long balls which is not anywhere in plan A - and our lack of practice in this showed. I think it demonstrated that we do need to tweak plan A to cope better with teams that press us high up the pitch - although this may not happen too often outside Celtic and Europe.

We must have been watching different games - I didn't see "a very high number of long balls". The occasional out ball or defending clearance but what I watched was us passing the ball on the deck for 120 minutes. The only long balls that I recall were from Wilson and were those diagonal balls intended for the right wing. But I didn't see a very high number.

We got a bit flustered when Celtic put high pressure on us but that only lasted 10 minutes before we settled back down.

I guess this just proves we see games in different ways.

Five at the back? Can't remember seeing this whatsoever.

Ball sat deep to allow Tav and Wallace to bomb on but he was never a defender per se until he replaced Kiernan when he got injured.

As for long balls, I don't think we played any more than normal and, if we did, it would have been out of necessity. It's worth remembering though we did change the way we played earlier in the season with more use of the diagonal so the manager is always looking for opportunities to adapt the system where required.