Dreaming of Europe

It could, could, be great news in terms of helping attract players.

I actually think that given the manager, how well he is liked, his footballing philosophy of keeping it n the deck, plus the fact that we are completing "the journey" will attract a pretty decent caliber of player anyway.

European football wouldn't hurt too right enough

Not sure he will sign players who are looking for European football. It will be more players who have something to prove and have ambitions for the future.

I'm almost certain that I heard MW just after he arrived, talk about getting young players to develop and selling them on for loads of money. He reckoned that was the only way a club could move forward.

I'm almost certain that I heard MW just after he arrived, talk about getting young players to develop and selling them on for loads of money. He reckoned that was the only way a club could move forward.

He will also recognize that some experience is needed too. The challenge will be greater in the top flight. Experience doesn't necessarily mean a 30-something either.

I am very much at ease with where we are. We have shown we can compete with top flight sides. That is a decent start. Of Warburton's signings only really Oduwa didn't play out as hoped, with Zelalem getting mixed reactions. Not only has he signed excellent players on a small budget but he also has rejuvenated the careers of Wallace and, in particular, McKay.

He will also recognize that some experience is needed too. The challenge will be greater in the top flight. Experience doesn't necessarily mean a 30-something either.

I am very much at ease with where we are. We have shown we can compete with top flight sides. That is a decent start. Of Warburton's signings only really Oduwa didn't play out as hoped, with Zelalem getting mixed reactions. Not only has he signed excellent players on a small budget but he also has rejuvenated the careers of Wallace and, in particular, McKay.

If we get to Europe then fair enough but I don't see that as a priority. I think we're as far forward as we could be right now. A few decent signings and we'll be getting there. As long as we put in a decent league challenge building towards a title chase the next year I'll be happy. Today could and probably will see Delilah shifted and that won't do us any favours.

I agree with Craig. Warburton has brought us an incredible distance from the doom and gloom of the same period last year. He has picked up a string of players none of us would have thought of (and certainly McCoist would never have considered) and mixed them in a wonderful cocktail with the best of last year's squad. We are in a great place and our progress and the excitement of today's game will have been a great advertisement to potential signings.

I never though we would have a chance of Europe for at least another 12 months, but if we can get past Hibs - bring it on. We certainly can't do worse than every other Scottish team has managed since 2012.

Speaking of Hibs are the dates on the Scotprem website right enough?

http://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/

19 Premiership play-off final, 1st leg

21 Scottish Cup Final

21 FA Cup Final

22 Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg

will Hibs be forced like we were to complete their league season with only 48 hours as we were forced to?

all in the interests of sporting integrity you understand