Fans snub semi-final between Hibs and Dundee United

THE Scottish Cup semi-final between Dundee United and Hibs will be played at a half-empty Hampden.

SunSport understands around 20,000 tickets have been shifted for tomorrow’s last-four clash between the Premiership’s bottom side and Alan Stubbs’ Championship outfit.

That means vast swathes of the 52,000- capacity national stadium will be empty.

The teams last met at this stage of the competition back in April 2005 and drew a crowd of more than 27,000 as United claimed a 2-1 victory.

The Tangerines, who went on to lose to Celtic in the final, were also threatened with relegation back then, but escaped in the final weeks of the season.

It’s understood their support has held up on 11 years ago, with 7,000 fans heading down from Tayside.

But Hibs, who have faltered in the Championship in recent months, have only sold around 13,000 briefs for their section of the ground.

The SFA set their lowest ticket prices at £18 for adults and £7 for concessions in a bid to boost the crowd.

But unless there is a late surge in the next 24 hours, it looks like the crowd will be significantly down on what they had hoped.

Meanwhile, Paul Paton has declared himself fit in a pre-match boost for United. The Northern Ireland international, who has been a key player in recent weeks, has been playing with a knee injury.

Boss Mixu Paatelainen said: “Paul is available. Obviously he’s got a problem with his knee but he declared himself fit, available and looking forward to the match. That is massive for us.

“He has been a key player, a leader by example and leader vocally as well.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7076701/Fans-snub-semi-final-between-Hibs-and-Dundee-United.html

But I thought that the fans of all the other Scottish teams would come flooding back when Rangers got demoted.....

Were they the fans that don't go to games that voted for us to be booted out of the league?,or was it other fans that voted for that?,confused.com:lol:

I was watching the first 30 minutes or so of the Scottish Cup semi-final -- until the proper EPL game started -- and I was confident there was little, or no, gulf in class between the leagues, in terms of quality, but I was wrong: The top of the Championship are far superior to the bottom of the Premiership. Dundee Utd are awful, with no idea how to build up from the back. Hibs are far superior -- despite players simultaneously being too confident and lacking confidence -- building out from the back very well, and dominating possession; they're technically and tactically superior -- It's embarrassing.

I'd take Fyvie in a heartbeat (I always thought he was a quality player -- Roberto Martinez is not normally wrong, technically speaking -- and is still fairly young) and I'd like a player like Bartley protecting the back-four (he looks very good; simple, but effective).

The strange thing is, Dundee Utd will win it through a fortunate bounce of the ball or a set-piece; ridiculous.

Edited by Rousseau

I was watching the first 30 minutes or so of the Scottish Cup semi-final -- until the proper EPL game started -- and I was confident there was little, or no, gulf in class between the leagues, in terms of quality, but I was wrong: The top of the Championship are far superior to the bottom of the Premiership. Dundee Utd are awful, with no idea how to build up from the back. Hibs are far superior -- despite players simultaneously being too confident and lacking confidence -- building out from the back very well, and dominating possession; they're technically and tactically superior -- It's embarrassing.

I'd take Fyvie in a heartbeat (I always thought he was a quality player -- Roberto Martinez is not normally wrong, technically speaking -- and is still fairly young) and I'd like a player like Bartley protecting the back-four (he looks very good; simple, but effective).

The strange thing is, Dundee Utd will win it through a fortunate bounce of the ball or a set-piece; ridiculous.

Fyvie is a diving cheat!,he can stay at fester road for me.

The gulf is not much between the SP teams and us and Hibs

Fyvie is a diving cheat!,he can stay at fester road for me.

The gulf is not much between the SP teams and us and Hibs

He's certainly got a nasty side, but I still think he's a good player.

Hibs know what they want to do (even if they're struggling to do it), but Utd do not have a Scooby.

He's certainly got a nasty side, but I still think he's a good player.

Hibs know what they want to do (even if they're struggling to do it), but Utd do not have a Scooby.

Have to agree to disagree on Fyvie!.

DUTD are a poor side,when they go down I can see them being down for a wee while!