Rangers 2 - 2 Celtic (Rangers win 5-4 after penalties)

The stats after the game had their shots on goal as 33. The number hasn't increased at all.

Those stats came from Sky Sports I believe.

Remember, shots on goal also include trundlers that barely make it to the keeper and "attempts" that go out for a throw-in.

Either way, the only Statistic that matters is who made the final.... and that would be us.

The stats maybe haven't changed as far as Sky are concerned probably due to the reasons you give. But they are varied elsewhere ,

http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=565177 has 26.

As I said, I watched the whole match again last night and Celtic imo had nowhere near 33 attempts.

The number 33 appears in the BBC's match report/stats too.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36008631

It also says we had nine shots. Which seems a bit low, not least if they had 33.

If the BBC told me it was raining outside I'd look out the window to check. I'm surprised that lot didn't have the scums attempts down as more.

I think we all understand that shots which in no way could or should be recorded as attempts on goal are being counted and have been for some time. Sky can count what they want as far as I'm concerned. My grouse is with our oppressed and persecuted brethren from the east end who true to form have turned that match around to now put forward the view that they were the better team and were unfortunate. They weren't. They were outplayed and deserved to lose no matter what set of statistics they want to use.

If the BBC told me it was raining outside I'd look out the window to check. I'm surprised that lot didn't have the scums attempts down as more.

I think we all understand that shots which in no way could or should be recorded as attempts on goal are being counted and have been for some time. Sky can count what they want as far as I'm concerned. My grouse is with our oppressed and persecuted brethren from the east end who true to form have turned that match around to now put forward the view that they were the better team and were unfortunate. They weren't. They were outplayed and deserved to lose no matter what set of statistics they want to use.

I say let them remain deluded - it means they cant see fact from fiction, which works to our advantage.

They believe they were unlucky, so when they get inept performances next season they will grab the comfort blanket of "we pyoor hud mair shoats at goal thin they hud so we shooda wun the geme" whilst we see the reality of how we are doing. Just look at Warburton after last night - no trying to paper over cracks, no excuses - just "that wasn't good enough for this football club".

Give me reality over delusion every day of the week. But I am happy when Celtic fans remain deluded as it means they cant see their own failings.

I say let them remain deluded - it means they cant see fact from fiction, which works to our advantage.

They believe they were unlucky, so when they get inept performances next season they will grab the comfort blanket of "we pyoor hud mair shoats at goal thin they hud so we shooda wun the geme" whilst we see the reality of how we are doing. Just look at Warburton after last night - no trying to paper over cracks, no excuses - just "that wasn't good enough for this football club".

Give me reality over delusion every day of the week. But I am happy when Celtic fans remain deluded as it means they cant see their own failings.

I'm happy they're deluded too Craig. What's ripping my knitting though is, the more that garbage is permitted to grow without challenge the more the shine is taken off an excellent display by our guys. The simple fact is, the manks thought they'd score 5 or 6 instead of being played off the park .

Did anybody notice after the penalties during the celebrations the cameras panned to the BHEAST fans, and there was the Green Brigade all dressed in uniforms!,grown men wearing uniforms to the football ffs!:roflmao::D

In post 460 I wondered whether there will beany report on domestic violance after this one. And if, whether it will be "Old Firm" rather than club-related. Well ...

Old Firm domestic abuse soared by 43 per cent on derby day

Domestic abuse cases soared by 43 per cent in Scotland on the day of the Old Firm game at Hampden.

Police Scotland confirmed there were 210 reported incidents of domestic violence on the day Rangers and Celtic squared up to each other in their Scottish Cup semi-final, compared to 146 reports on an average Sunday.

Officers say they can't attribute the spike in abuse directly to the derby, but the majority of the extra calls were recorded in the Glasgow area on April 17.

Chief Superintendent Barry McEwan told The Times: "Following the recent Scottish Cup semi-fianl between Rangers and Celtic at Hampden it's disappointing to see an increase in reported incidents of domestic abuse.

"Dealing with this remains a priority for Police Scotland, one which we pro-actively addressed prior to this match taking place.

He added: "Our officers have detected around 60 per cent of the domestic crimes commited that day and will continue to pursue the outstanding crimes and target those offenders that cause harm to their victims."

Police said they made nine arrests “in and around the ground” for alleged offences which included sectarian singing and pitch incursion.

Rangers booked their place in the Scottish Cup final, winning 5-4 on penalties after the game had finished 1-1 after 90 minutes and 2-2 at the end of extra time.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14461401.Old_Firm_domestic_abuse_soared_by_43_per_cent_on_derby_day/

- "soared by" as compared to what other day

- were there any other events on that day

- were those % related to the game and/or committed by football fans

- do we have comparable figures, e.g. on other OF days when e.g. Celtic lost or Rangers lost?

Figures and info that gives a clearer picture than just one number thrown about? From this one article it seems reasonable to assume that a "few" disgruntled Yahoos vented their anger at their wifes etc.. Or some Rangers supporters suffered at the hands of their wifes when they returned home drunk.

Well, "fun" aside, no domestic violance is tolerable and it is sure not helfpul trying to say "they are more violant than us". Yet, since they have that figures for years now, they can just as well compare them and say when it peaks most and why. AND they can obviously stop using the "Old Firm" veil when it is clearly the grey-green folk who went on the rampage.

Similar stuff goes for the arrested folk. If there are 9 arrests being made, how does that compare to other home games of Rangers and Celtic? Why is there need to write about sectarian singing here? If e.g. one out of nine was arrested for that. 9 out of some 50k, BTW.

Edited by der Berliner

With regard to above ... when last "we" met ...

Celtic v Rangers: Domestic abuse in 35% drop

THE number of domestic abuse incidents dealt with by police fell by 35 per cent on Sunday following warnings issued ahead of the Old Firm game.

Police Scotland said it recorded 139 incidents across Scotland on Sunday, well below the average of 213 seen on Sundays between May and January.

Police officers delivered personal warnings to known domestic abusers ahead of the match.

Analysis by Strathclyde Police in 2011 found that the number of domestic abuse incidents increased by up to 139 per cent when the two clubs met.

And research by the Scottish Government shows domestic abuse incidents can increase by a third on weekends during which Old Firm matches are held.

Police said they had made 37 arrests at Sunday’s match, including 12 for sectarian breaches of the peace.

Twenty-three of those arrested were expected to have appeared in court today, with a further 11 reported to the procurator fiscal and three given fixed penalty notices.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/celtic-v-rangers-domestic-abuse-in-35-drop-1-3676591#ixzz47CxVSXFb

Some of the figures mentioned above fail to appear in the latest report. Someone on FF also noted:

Sunday is usually the highest day as it of course , includes incidents after midnight on Saturday. And again , as usual , I will point out in 40% of domestic abuse cases there is no offence. It is simply police being called.

Most are non-violent with only 1-2% involving serious violence. Punching someone is serious violence.

A lot of these OF rises will be domestic arguments involving celebrating fans turning up at home in a drunken state. Not particularly losing fans punching wives although that is how it is often portrayed.