Rangers 2 - 2 Celtic (Rangers win 5-4 after penalties)

I hate to be a bit of a party pooper but one disturbing thing about our performance on Sunday was that we only really created 1 real chance in the whole game while Celtic created a number of good chances. Yes we dominated and had much more possession but as far as I can remember our only real chance was Gordon saving Millers shot just before the goal. I am not counting the goals as creating chances although there may be an argument that McKay created the chance to shoot.

That is what happens when a team ''parks the bus''

I hate to be a bit of a party pooper but one disturbing thing about our performance on Sunday was that we only really created 1 real chance in the whole game while Celtic created a number of good chances. Yes we dominated and had much more possession but as far as I can remember our only real chance was Gordon saving Millers shot just before the goal. I am not counting the goals as creating chances although there may be an argument that McKay created the chance to shoot.

It's not as exciting to the viewer as 4 or 5 off the posts / bar, but I certainly enjoyed the sight of our players stroking the ball around the park while the guys in hoops ran around chasing shadows and clueless about how to get the ball back Pete. Yes the stats prove a different game took place but I for one couldn't give a monkeys. We won and most certainly deserved to do so. :rfc:

It's not as exciting to the viewer as 4 or 5 off the posts / bar, but I certainly enjoyed the sight of our players stroking the ball around the park while the guys in hoops ran around chasing shadows and clueless about how to get the ball back Pete. Yes the stats prove a different game took place but I for one couldn't give a monkeys. We won and most certainly deserved to do so. :rfc:

I am not disagreeing with that but I think we have to look at it from all sides. I certainly loved it as well but it could have been sweeter if we made some chances. We were missing 4 of our most creative players of course.

I am not disagreeing with that but I think we have to look at it from all sides. I certainly loved it as well but it could have been sweeter if we made some chances. We were missing 4 of our most creative players of course.

I'd guess that was maybe why we didn't create more mate. We played our normal game, something I'd been hoping for, and kept the ball away from them. It's an, if you auntie had baws point, but I would have thought more chances would have arrived if our strongest team was on the park.

Let's just be content and rub it into every one of the bassas we come across. :flute:

It's not a huge surprise we didn't create as many chances as we'd like considering we had four of our more regular attackers out of the game and played Shiels who's not overly familiar in a right sided role.

What we did do was dominate possession and whilst our play in the final third wasn't always fruitful in terms of clear-cut opportunities, it resulted in Celtic often having to opt for long clearances, giving us the ball back immediately for the most part.

It's also worth noting the lad Sviatchenko and Tierney were their best players.

Edited by Frankie

While I generally agree, I think we did have a few good chances but the finishing at times wasn't quite accurate enough - although taking the stats, the goals and the penalties, it was slightly better on average than theirs...

I also agree we shouldn't get too carried away - in 120 minutes we did only draw with them despite the possession, and when we played like them in our UEFA final run against more technical opposition to gain a draw, we felt quite justified.

But that's the crux of the matter, they have had four years of much more money, a stronger league and European experience, but the game panned out for them pretty much equivalent to a reasonably good result (bar the penalties) against a very decent European side.

For us it was a slightly disappointing draw against a less skilful and technical but well organised team that sat back and defended most of the time but were pretty good at hitting us a lot on the break - and corners. Basically they played like the underdog, but we need to make our superiority count more... I think that will come with a bit of judicious spending on the squad.

The ref was fine. His one real mistake let to our goal. It was a minor mistake at that.

Thing is, the very same happened to us in the first half,he gave them a throw in when it was ours,also the throw in was at the half way line with still a lot to do and wee Barrie turned Broon inside out before striking a wonder goal,the throw in is nothing.