Rangers 2 - 2 Celtic (Rangers win 5-4 after penalties)

You can hit the corner flag with the most horrendous of sliced shots or hit the post with a cracker and they count the same as a shot off target. Same with a shot on target, it can be a wonder save or as

tame as a back pass. Terrible quality of metrics.

On another note ...

BBC stats on the game showed 33 (10 on target) shots from them, 9 (3) of us.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36008631

Sportinglife says 26 (10 on target) shots against our 6 (3)

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-stats/354645/rangers-v-celtic

The only stat that matters is it will be Rangers v Hibs in the Scottish cup final:)

The only stat that matters is it will be Rangers v Hibs in the Scottish cup final:)

Most of the Tims have been hanging their hat on those shots on goal and shots on target stats. To be fair some of them have highlighted, as Cal says above, that some of those on target could be shots from 40 yards that barely make it to the keeper.

The only stat that matters is as Ian says above :D

Griffiths had a free kick early in the second half from 36 yards and Wes punched it away, near the end Griffiths was given another chance from the same distance but the ref let him take it 6 yards closer...Wes finger tipped it onto the bar.

The ref was dire. Could have cost us so much more than a Cup final.

The ref from his angle made a mistake on who's throw-in it was leading up to McKay's goal, an easy honest mistake when you look at his position behind the incident, the linesman should have seen it though but generally they look to the ref and take a back seat.

Allowing Griffiths to take his pot shot from 30 yards after coming close from 36 is unforgivable for me.

THAT is blatant cheating from an official.

I hate to be a bit of a party pooper but one disturbing thing about our performance on Sunday was that we only really created 1 real chance in the whole game while Celtic created a number of good chances. Yes we dominated and had much more possession but as far as I can remember our only real chance was Gordon saving Millers shot just before the goal. I am not counting the goals as creating chances although there may be an argument that McKay created the chance to shoot.

The ref from his angle made a mistake on who's throw-in it was leading up to McKay's goal, an easy honest mistake when you look at his position behind the incident, the linesman should have seen it though but generally they look to the ref and take a back seat.

Allowing Griffiths to take his pot shot from 30 yards after coming close from 36 is unforgivable for me.

THAT is blatant cheating from an official.

The linesman flagged a throw in to the scum bear.