Paul Barnes 2-2 AET Celtic win on pens

Grant Russell Celtic 3-2 Rangers

Andy Coyle Celtic 3-1 Rangers

Scott McClymont Celtic 3-2 Rangers

Laura Brannan Celtic 1-0 Rangers

Tyrone Smith Celtic 2-0 Rangers

Graham Ruthven Celtic 3-1 Rangers

Jamie Borthwick Celtic 3-1 Rangers

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1350540-the-stv-sport-team-predict-will-progress-to-the-scottish-cup-final/

Cant agree with that Rousseau.

If we are looking at whether or not we are lightweight you cant just look at one or two areas of the pitch. Yes, I agree regarding the forward positions with MOH, King, Forrester and Waghorn out (However, remember that King is a loanee).

However, if we had lost one of Wallace, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson then we would be struggling not only for cover but also for formation and tactics. The only real replacement for ANY of those players would be Ball, and he surely is a shoe-in to sit in front of the back 4. Not only that but he wouldn't be a suitable replacement for either Wallace or Tavernier as he is a very different type of player.

If we lost Wallace we have no suitable replacement. Yes, we used Halliday when Wallace went off last weekend but a left back Halliday certainly isn't. The other side our "replacement" for Tavernier was Aird which clearly isn't a strong enough replacement and someone who ended up on loan.

The discussion was in regards to the front line. We agree we're OK up front in terms of numbers -- quality is another question!

Yes, you're right with regards to the back-line; I agree it is too lightweight and we need more options.

I still don't think we're too lightweight overall, though. Broadly, I think we have the numbers he wants. Yes, we need more options at the back, but I don't think that changes the equation too much. Yes, we'd struggle when a first-team player drops out, but you can say that about any first-team player: it changes the tactics a touch, but the overall strategy will be the same. We can get by, with youngsters etc. (I think Ryan Sinnamon is back, for example). It's about adding quality, rather than numbers.

Anyway, it's not important: we agree we need more options in certain areas.

Actually hope that Halliday keeps his calm too. Brown is very well at goading fellow midfielders and since he usually can have 70 to 80 minutes before the ref actually notices that the Legoeater is on, you'd hope that Andy has his cool head screwed in for Sunday.

Edited by der Berliner

Honestly I suspect plod Scotland will have already briefed Thomson to endeavour to keep cards to a minimum(if teams are spoken to the refs must be too) so Brown etc will feel free to stick the boot in safe in the knowledge he can inflict injury without fear of appropriate punishment! That along with what will be a quagmire of a pitch is a perfect storm regarding injuries. It really is worrying.

Our larger squads of the past tended to be poor value in the past as the players brought in during an injury crisis had played so few competitive games they were not match fit, nor were they very motivated...

24 sounds about right, then if that becomes really depleted, you dip into the academy.

Honestly I suspect plod Scotland will have already briefed Thomson to endeavour to keep cards to a minimum(if teams are spoken to the refs must be too) so Brown etc will feel free to stick the boot in safe in the knowledge he can inflict injury without fear of appropriate punishment! That along with what will be a quagmire of a pitch is a perfect storm regarding injuries. It really is worrying.

Sorry I can't believe that. I think people are getting carried away here. You would think the game is being played on the Iraq, Syrian border and the supporters are lining up to blow each other away. Yes there are always a few idiots but most supporters just want to watch a game of football and get home safe. Why would the Police try and influence the Refs decisions? A yellow card will be a yellow card. Whether the refs decision is correct is a different story.