Season a Ticket Renewals

The mhanks wage bill is £24m yearly and ours is around £7m according to recent press reports(u would have to check accounts to be accurate) that's the main reason their ST prices are the price they are. Paul Murray had already stated there will be no wild spending so our outlay in wages will say top £10m next year. I don't see them putting £100 on an ST, that would be commercial suicide as at the moment we have 36k ST holders and there will be a good number, no matter how much they want to, can't afford that.

As I said I fancy 10% or thereabouts next year and providing we do well enough it will increase again the year after.

I think we have to be careful with the pricing as people will translate into % and an increase of 20%, is way too high imo.

Stage it, think like a business, there would be no harm for example, 10%-5%-5% over the next 3 years, it's good income and shows willing and initiative by the club.

I still find it difficult to believe they've got a wage bill of £24m.

Since we got chucked out the then SPL they've been constantly selling off their best players and replacing them with cheaper replacements no doubt on much less wages.

I say again that our first team squad will be smaller than previous years hence its wage bill will be smaller than previous.

Won't that be taken into account regards ST renewal prices?

The mhanks wage bill is £24m yearly and ours is around £7m according to recent press reports(u would have to check accounts to be accurate) that's the main reason their ST prices are the price they are. Paul Murray had already stated there will be no wild spending so our outlay in wages will say top £10m next year. I don't see them putting £100 on an ST, that would be commercial suicide as at the moment we have 36k ST holders and there will be a good number, no matter how much they want to, can't afford that.

As I said I fancy 10% or thereabouts next year and providing we do well enough it will increase again the year after.

I think we have to be careful with the pricing as people will translate into % and an increase of 20%, is way too high imo.

Stage it, think like a business, there would be no harm for example, 10%-5%-5% over the next 3 years, it's good income and shows willing and initiative by the club.

The club is still running at a loss. We need to make a decision as to what we want.... Do we want to be part of the financial process and sucking up a fairly large increase - or do we want to be reliant on King & T3B ?

In fact, even if we were reliant on King & T3B.... if we aren't prepared to also financially assist then we shouldn't really be complaining when our signings are not of the quality we would hope for. Or if Ibrox looks a bit run down etc etc.

I hear what you are saying... however, you are looking at things in absolute terms. A 25% increase in absolute terms seems like too much of a hike. However, the product, generally speaking, should change. We should be watching a better standard of team from not just Rangers but all the league opponents next season. You also have to look at what was actually being charged for ST's prior to our demotion. Are you suggesting that we should be paying a fair amount LESS than we were paying 4 years ago when we were in the top tier ? And not even taking account of inflation ?

The benchmarks for me are two-fold. a) What are Celtic fans paying because, like it or not, that is our competition and b) What were we paying when last in the top tier.

Whilst I understand that people wont want to be paying 25% (or more) increases..... IF we did then we would get closer financially to Celtic very, very quickly because of their bloated wage bill. Their ST money will be eaten up in wages on over-paid players in a bloated squad. Ours meanwhile would be paying lower wages to fewer players - leaving an excess to be invested into infrastructure, scouting, youth academy, Murray Park, Ibrox etc.

I know this may not be popular - but we are either part of the process or not. Would we be part of the process with a 5-10% increase in ST prices ? Absolutely. What if we had a 25% increase though and everyone still bought ST's ? The excess cash would be larger, giving us money for that infrastructure I talk about and could leave Celtic languishing behind us as we have the resource to invest into long term assets and strategies.

Another thing I haven't even touched on yet is the standard of product on the park. I would pay an increased ST price all day long to watch the style of football we are playing. You couldn't pay me to watch the type of stuff that McCoist had us playing or, indeed, how Celtic are playing even this season. Our type of football, for this Bear at least, is worth paying a premium for.

As I say though, everyone's circumstances are different.

The club is still running at a loss. We need to make a decision as to what we want.... Do we want to be part of the financial process and sucking up a fairly large increase - or do we want to be reliant on King & T3B ?

In fact, even if we were reliant on King & T3B.... if we aren't prepared to also financially assist then we shouldn't really be complaining when our signings are not of the quality we would hope for. Or if Ibrox looks a bit run down etc etc.

I hear what you are saying... however, you are looking at things in absolute terms. A 25% increase in absolute terms seems like too much of a hike. However, the product, generally speaking, should change. We should be watching a better standard of team from not just Rangers but all the league opponents next season. You also have to look at what was actually being charged for ST's prior to our demotion. Are you suggesting that we should be paying a fair amount LESS than we were paying 4 years ago when we were in the top tier ? And not even taking account of inflation ?

The benchmarks for me are two-fold. a) What are Celtic fans paying because, like it or not, that is our competition and b) What were we paying when last in the top tier.

Whilst I understand that people wont want to be paying 25% (or more) increases..... IF we did then we would get closer financially to Celtic very, very quickly because of their bloated wage bill. Their ST money will be eaten up in wages on over-paid players in a bloated squad. Ours meanwhile would be paying lower wages to fewer players - leaving an excess to be invested into infrastructure, scouting, youth academy, Murray Park, Ibrox etc.

I know this may not be popular - but we are either part of the process or not. Would we be part of the process with a 5-10% increase in ST prices ? Absolutely. What if we had a 25% increase though and everyone still bought ST's ? The excess cash would be larger, giving us money for that infrastructure I talk about and could leave Celtic languishing behind us as we have the resource to invest into long term assets and strategies.

Another thing I haven't even touched on yet is the standard of product on the park. I would pay an increased ST price all day long to watch the style of football we are playing. You couldn't pay me to watch the type of stuff that McCoist had us playing or, indeed, how Celtic are playing even this season. Our type of football, for this Bear at least, is worth paying a premium for.

As I say though, everyone's circumstances are different.

Craig you are correct,circumstances will dictate,however with the almost total boycott of buying the merchandise then the money that most fans would normally be happy to spend would sort of compensate an increase on ST prices.

It's a fair point you make Craig, no doubt about it and a valid one, however your last point summed it all up for me " it depends on everyone's circumstances" personally, I don't believe, for many people paying, let's say £400 as an example, a hike of 25% over one season won't wash, a great point was made about our need for season tickets holders, would be great to get up to the 40k mark, I wouldn't like to lose 6k for example as your average guy with a mortgage n bills etc just thinks it's too much. I live alone now since the the missus passed last year and I guess any single guys, other men and woman with no responsibilities etc it wouldn't be a problem and yes I do see the benefit of it, I fear a hike of that magnitude would deter a lot of bears from getting an ST, especially those on tight incomes, as I say no matter how much they want to.

We will find out soon enough, personally I would prefer a gradual increase over 3 years, but I'm not running the club lol so what I think means buttons?.

Edited by cooponthewing

There will also be a lot of bears buying a ST that haven't done so through the last 4 years to ensure they get a ticket for the bheasts game, and IMO this number will outweigh those who would give up their ST due to having to pay an additional £100. If the club are sensible and allow fans a DD option to pay it up over a few months and get the emotional marketing right, I can't see it being a problem.

There will also be a lot of bears buying a ST that haven't done so through the last 4 years to ensure they get a ticket for the bheasts game, and IMO this number will outweigh those who would give up their ST due to having to pay an additional £100. If the club are sensible and allow fans a DD option to pay it up over a few months and get the emotional marketing right, I can't see it being a problem.

Very good point. I suspect that many ST holders will find a way for even a 100 quid increase in ST's. They wont want to lose out on those games against Celtic either.... So there is a double whammy... Triple if you also include the emotional "Journey Complete" and the number of people that will want to be part of the chase for 55 and a major GIRFUY to the haters.

I suspect that regardless of ST price, within reason, that demand will greatly outstrip supply.

I still find it difficult to believe they've got a wage bill of £24m.

Since we got chucked out the then SPL they've been constantly selling off their best players and replacing them with cheaper replacements no doubt on much less wages.

I say again that our first team squad will be smaller than previous years hence its wage bill will be smaller than previous.

Won't that be taken into account regards ST renewal prices?

Rab - in 2014/15 their wage bill was £37.8 million and that was down 3 million from the previous year.

With the way MW&DW are showing us the way they want to play,exciting,attacking football coupled with promotion,and if we could manage to win the SC,fans who don't have a ST will want one!