Derek Johnstone: Ally McCoist should be invited to Ibrox title party

As a former manager of the club, I'd like to think there's an open invite for him to attend any game he wishes from the directors' box, as there presumably is with Greig, Walter etc.

I'd also like to think that he knows he would be made welcome by the club, but understands that it's perhaps not politically the best thing to do at the moment and leaves it for another wee while.

Cant really disagree with that point, its very fair and tbh the wound, many would feel is still quite deep at the moment, so personally I would agree however should he be there and receives an invite I will still respect that and understand that was the feelings of our board.

£800K per year. Was given 70 times more shares for his £10K than I or anyone else got. As a ex player and manager he is as welcomeany other to come to Ibrox. Why does he require an invite? He's a fan is he not?

Sad that a man who scored so many winning goals for the club,held it together against big odds,got us through the first two seasons in the lower divisions but made signing mistakes in the Championship is vilified for holding on to his agreed salary,which was his right.

Overlooking that blip I think there is still a place for him to be invited to a game.

Sad that a man who scored so many winning goals for the club,held it together against big odds,got us through the first two seasons in the lower divisions but made signing mistakes in the Championship is vilified for holding on to his agreed salary,which was his right.

Overlooking that blip I think there is still a place for him to be invited to a game.

The club was struggling for money, leading to deals being made with the fat Cockney **** at the same time as McCoist was sitting in the house drawing an astronomical salary for doing nothing. The goals he scored, for which he received great praise and was paid handsomely, have nothing to do with his later actions.

Edited by boabie

If he wants to pay his way in that's up to him but I like to remember him as a first class goal scorer and not the manager of a coaching staff who did as much damage to our club on the park as the others did off the park , in my opinion we played the most dire football since we were founded under his leadership .

The club was struggling for money, leading to deals being made with the fat Cockney **** at the same time as McCoist was sitting in the house drawing an astronomical salary for doing nothing. The goals he scored, for which he received great praise and was paid handsomely, have nothing to do with his later actions.

Those deals with Ashley would have been made even if McCoist was working for free.